(RIP) What is wrong with Jodie!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caccavies

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could tell me what my rabbit has and what to give her??

One of my rabbit, Jodie, seems to have decaying teeth. :( The top front teeth are decaying at the top near the gum and look as if they are going to fall out :( She has a crusty nose too and has heavy breathing, I thought it was a URI before I saw the teeth :(

She is now just lying in her cage, she's not walking properly.

What do I do???? :(

slavetoabunny wrote:
Jodie needs to be taken to the vet ASAP.  This isn't something you can treat at home.  Best wishes to you and Jodie.

I am taking her tomorrow as an emergency as it is bank hol monday.

xx

I don't think rabbits' teeth decay because they're continually growing and being worn down by eating hay and chewing on stuff. I guess they could decay if they stop growing, but then the lack of growth would be a problem, too.

I think it's more likely that she broke off her teeth by hitting them when jumping down from something or chewing on the wrong thing.

Here's a video discussing dental issues with rabbits:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtZovDkR18s[/ame]

Is she eating? I suspect that she's in a world of hurt! Makes my teeth ache just thinking about it. Poor baby. Please get her to a vet ASAP!

Do you have any Metacam for pain relief?

Oh no, poor bunny! Not sure what this coud be, just want to wish you luck for tomorrow. I know there was something on the forum once before about decaying teeth...:ponder:

I gave her metacam because her gums were swollen, however it is an anti inflam, not a pain killer.

Sadly, Jodie died last night :(I suppose i will never know what it was.

I have edited the title of your thread to show that she has passed away. I'm sorry for your loss.

TinysMom wrote:
I have edited the title of your thread to show that she has passed away.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you :)

Thanks to everyone, she will be sorely missed by both me and her friend, Bailey. :(

Latest posts

Back