(RIP) Skyler is at death's door, please think of him

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Please think of my Skyler... A lot of people here are aware that he has E. Cuniculi and it looks like he's going to pass away today. I can't go into much detail now, but please think of him and pray for him today because we both need it.

IntheGarden118.jpg

:bigtears:

So sorry Shiloh. I think of you guys constantly. I was hoping for better news, but he certainly has had the best care any rabbit could ever have had.

sas :sad:

I'm so sorry, Shiloh. I hadn't heard from you in a while so I was wondering how you were doing.

You and Skyler fought this really hard and it's such a devastating illness. He literally could not have been more loved or given more advantages in his life. I'm so sorry it was a shorter one. Unfortunately sometimes tragic illnesses happen to the most loved of our animals. I'm sending big hugs your way.

Binky free, Skyler.

I said a prayer for u loosing a bunny is like family U r in my prayers tonight and for nights to come :(

Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone. I think it helped. I just made a thread for him in the Rainbow Bridge section with a long post and lots of pictures. I can't believe he's gone.

I came back to post updates about him here in the Infirmary a couple of times. He was doing really well. Each time, I would type something out, then didn't post it because I didn't want to be asked more about treating him with Ponazuril because there was no way that was going to happen since the vet was adamant about not prescribing it.

I'm trying to decide what to do now. I want to have a necropsy done on him so we can find out what damage the EC had done to him, but his vet is currently in Louisiana cleaning up oily birds and won't be back soon. The only other option is another vet in town who isn't the most experienced and I don't know that she'd know what to look for. I don't want him being cut up for no reason. I do know I want him to be cremated, like Cinnabun and Tallulah were. I'm going to cut off a swatch of his fur and some whiskers too, but that's so hard to do.

I can't believe he isn't just going to get up. I have him still lying on a blanket next to me and his fur is still so soft.

Thanks, Diane! I'm sorry you didn't get to hear about him when he was alive- he was a very special, sweet bunny.

I want to say thank you to everyone here in the Infirmary who helped Skyler and me back when he was first diagnosed and whenever I had any questions about him and his treatment. It would have been a lot harder and more confusing without you all! So, thanks!

Edited to say, we're dropping Skyler off at his old vet clinic here later this afternoon so his old vet (the one we went to before he was sick) can do the necropsy. Last night I trimmed his whiskers and tied a ribbon around them and cut off some of his fur to keep forever. I don't think he minds. I accidentally cut his skin a little when I was getting the fur and that really disturbed me. Anyway, I wrapped him in his blankie and put him in a container in the fridge last night, so he's been properly preserved for his necropsy today.

Sorry for your loss. It is never easy. My Simon passed away 3 1/2 years ago from EC. I had his necropsy done at the University of Penn. The damage was devastating. The little "bug" ravaged every organ in his body. Just be prepared. I also lost Smitten from EC.

Back