(RIP) Rabbit has seizures on one side of face, anyone ever experienced?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today Shakespeare was suffering, he had labored breathing and was sitting staring at the corner of the cage. The look in his eyes was of pain, and I couldn't have this little friend who had been through so much with me suffer any longer.

This morning I had him put to sleep. My heart is breaking because he has been the constant in my life for eight years, through moving and job changes and everything else, he has always been the companion that made me feel I wan't alone.

The vet felt a lump in his abdomin, and said that most likely it was a tumor. He could tell that his heart rate was elevated, and heard him grinding his teeth and grunting whenever he touched his belly.

I will miss his bunny kisses on my nose and forehead, him waking me up at 6am by jumping on the bed and pulling away the covers so that I would feed him. I will miss him dancing around my feet when I get up in the morning as I walked to his cage to give him his kibble. I will miss him running to the kitchen door everytime I open the fridge, in anticipation, for a carrot or other tasty treat. Most of all I will miss the way he was always waiting for me when I got home, when I woke up, he was always right there to greet me with his little pink nose and would shake his head with happiness and then run to me. He was one of a kind, more cat than rabbit really. I love you Shakespeare, wherever you are, know that you will always be wrapped around my heart, I love you.....

I'm so sorry for your loss. Shakespear sounds like he was a one-of-a-kind special friend. I hope your memories of him giv you some consolation. Not everyone gets to spend eight years with such a loving friend.

Hugs to you for making the right decision for his sake. He will be waiting for you at the bridge... :rainbow:

I'm so sorry, Amadamw. It was a very difficult decision, but I think you did the right thing. Shakespeare sounds like a truly wonderful bunny, a true friend to you for 8 years. Not all bunnies get to live that long, and even fewer get to live that long with a good friend. It sounds like he was truly in terrible pain and there was nothing you could do to heal it, all you and the vet could do was lessen it. I too have a dutch bunny, and I hope one day he and I are as good friends as you and Shakespeare were and always will be in your heart. Your story has really touched me. I hope you can begin to heal and remember that you always gave him the best, and he was one of the luckiest bunnies out there to have you.

Binky free, Shakespeare. :rainbow:

I am very sorry for your loss; my heart aches for you. :hug2: Please take some comfort in the fact that Shakespeare is no longer in pain. :rainbow:

Amandamw, I am so truly sorry for your loss and so quickly.:( I know how that can be. I"m thinking of you.

Sometimes you can't do anything, nor can the "doctors", which is ashame and disheartening,:sad:

Back