RIP Oreo & Bugsy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry Maria. I lost one of my rabbits to a dog too, and I know how it hurts. I hope you will be comforted :(

Frankly, I'd want his dog put down. And animal like that could hurt a toddler next. I would at least want it to wear a muzzle unless & until it got serious obedience training.

LakeCondo wrote:
Frankly, I'd want his dog put down. And animal like that could hurt a toddler next. I would at least want it to wear a muzzle unless & until it got serious obedience training.

Now that is not fair, just because an animal has a high prey drive does not mean it will attack a toddler. I have seen dogs who cannot be around other animals but do fantastic with kids.

Now, I am NOT defending what happened, it's horrible and I cannot imagine going through what you are, but I do not think it would be fair to have the dog put down because the owner was careless and irresponsible. Rabbits are natural prey for dogs and the dog was acting on instinct. Not to mention the dog was alone with them, probably with no proper introduction.

MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
My husband has been the ONLY PERSON that understands me. No one else understands why its taking me this long to heal..
I don't know how anyone could expect you to be over a loss like that in a month and a half! it took me probably a year to really start getting over the loss of my beloved kitty that I'd had since she was three months old... it'll be two years next january since I lost her and I still think of her sometimes and get teary-eyed. aside from the freakishly loud and obsessive licking, she was everything I could ever have wanted in a cat. I still miss having her curled up in bed with me while I sleep, which is probably why I sleep in the bunny pen as often as I do.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm thankful that at least your husband understands why losing your two babies is so hard on you and why you can't just "replace" one set of bunnies with another.

hopefully Oreo and Bugsy are looking down over your new bunnies; telling them how lucky they are to have found the home they have and how much they're going to be loved.

binky free, little ones!

I can not begin to imagine your horror and outrage! I could not even imagine if this had happened to me...Its just sick! How dare he let his dog in your home....Honestly no matter how sorry he is if this were my nightmare then this guy would hear from our attorney!

Hyatt101 wrote:
LakeCondo wrote:
Kipcha wrote:
Now that is not fair, just because an animal has a high prey drive does not mean it will attack a toddler. I have seen dogs who cannot be around other animals but do fantastic with kids.

Now, I am NOT defending what happened, it's horrible and I cannot imagine going through what you are, but I do not think it would be fair to have the dog put down because the owner was careless and irresponsible. Rabbits are natural prey for dogs and the dog was acting on instinct. Not to mention the dog was alone with them, probably with no proper introduction.

I agree, the dog should NOT be put down! I have the sweetest big dog on the planet, but he, like soo many others, have prey drive!! It is unfair to immediately say "oh put this dog down". So many dogs just have a natural prey drive, but some people just don't get that unless they own a dog with prey drive. You have to learn when you have a dog like that, that this is its INSTINCT. You cannot train that out of a dog.

Sorry Katie, don't want to be offensive, but can you really have the guy hear from an attorney if a dog entered your home like that? i could maybe see if it was a strange dog, but everyone was aware that the dog was present, and he just snuck in. You really can't blame it all on the owner of the dog.

People, this is a Rainbow Bridge thread. Discussion beyond condolences are not appropriate, thank you for understanding.

Maria, sorry for your loss. :(

sas :sad:

I am so so sorry to hear about the loss of your bunnies. I can't imagine; I would be so devistated~that would so hard to work through.

RIP & Binky Free Oreo and Bugsy! :rainbow:

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rip: Maria, I'm so sorry! I lost my heart bunny two years ago... I still talk to her. She was also a Mini Rex. I feel your situation. During my grieving, I defenitly wasn't ready for a new bunny, so I often volunteered at the shelter. It took me a year to decide I wanted another bunny. Hopefully being back on the forum will be comforting! God bless you.:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:

This is really sad to hear! I can't even imagine how mad I would be! I'm so sorry to hear this! I really don't know what to say..
I hope everything gets better for you! Binky free.

Back