RIP: NEED HELP A.S.A.P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett77

Reaction score
My bunny recently today like an hour ago he started running frantically around his cage, ramming into the edges, some points he could not even keep his own balance. His nose is very runny. He is calmed down now, moved him to a big basket with a blanket in it. He looks like he is sleeping but breathing heavy. Vet appointment in 1 hour. anything i can do to help him until then? He is a 3 year old netherland dwarf rabbit.

I would keep him as confined as possible, and put lots of blankets or towels around him. If you have a carrier you're taking him to the vet in, that would be good. Keep the carrier in a cool, dark place until then.

I don't know what's going on but it does sound serious. It sounds like he was scared by something, and the loss of balance is weird too. He could have hit his head on something, had a seizure, had a heart issue that scared him, maybe his airway got blocked by the mucus which made him very upset. It's hard to tell. It even could have been a predator at the window that scared him.

Best of luck with the vet's

Thanks a lot, that is what my dad predict, a seisure. It did start thundering as soon as it happened , but he has heard lots of storms in his past i doubt that was it.

After this whole fiasco when we got to the vet, it seem my bunny just ... shutdown. he was still alive in breathing but you could poke him anywhere do anything you want and he would just lay there. His nose was not even moving, our vet said this is very strange and has never seen or heard about anything like this. She said she would keep him at the vet office for the night and call us in the morning with an update. She had slim chances for him. She was very curious about him that she actually took him to her house which was very kind of her considering she only had to keep him at the office. She said they were going to inject something into him to see if he will start moving again and he would eat. She called us this morning i was very worried all night, he passed away at 10:00 last night, and she still does not know why . R.I.P Jojo the 2 and a half year old albino netherland dwarf bunny.:(

Oh my goodness... :(
I am so very sorry for your loss :hug:

You may want to post a memorial to Jojo in the Rainbow Bridge.

Again, my condolences.:pink iris:

Latest posts

Back