RIP Louise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnicula

Reaction score
Bunnicula's Castle, S.Central, Pennsylvania, USA
Back in January Louise had her "canned food" party to celebrate life with us for 10 years after rescue from an abuse case...

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=31508&forum_id=5

Last month she took her 2nd vacation trip to the beach at Cape May, NJ...this time making a trip to the beach itself to put her toes in the sand...I promised that to her if she lived to see vacation week...
(Haven't had a chance to post her pics yet...will do as soon...)

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=36832&forum_id=5

And tonight she crossed the bridge...

Just a few days before our vacation she began some wheezing. During the trip, I thought it might be hairball related...she didn't seem to have trouble breathing and was behaving as her usual vocal, bossy, demanding, royal highness always does.

But I took her to the vet the day we got home. By then the wheeze had resolved. All bloodwork came back fine though her thyroid levels were elevated. Was expecting a call back from the vet today about adjusting her meds.

The wheeze started in earnest this afternoon. Planned to call the vet in the am.

Came out from eating dinner to find her in the bedroom panting open-mouthed, and drooling.

Drove the 20 mins to the emerg vet with Gary holding and stroking her fur...telling her we loved her...but she only made 15 mins of the ride.

It's been a remarkable 10+ years. She's given us so much more than she ever took from us. We will miss her incredibly. She was my alarm clock...my friend...

And though there are 13 other furry bodies in our house tonight, it is quiet...

and empty...

"I miss you, Louise."

Awww, I'm sorry to hear your kitty died :( She sounded like a very special lady. I'm glad you were able to give her an awesome home for the last half of her life and that she got to go on vacation and put her toes in the sand. She's inspired me to maybe adopt an older cat when our time comes to get a kitty. RIP Louise!

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is. Eventhough you know they are aging and have had a good life, it's still hard to let them go.

RIP little Louise!

I am sorry you lost your old girl Louise. Age 20 is amazing. That's a testament to the great care you gave her. She had a wonderful home for 10 years.

Yeah, it's been kind of a tough day. Lots of second guessing about whether or not I pushed the vet hard enough to investigate the cause of her wheezing...though it had subsided. Then being mad at myself for being willing to wait overnight to call the vet. And wishing... In my head, I KNOW that the outcome would likely have been much the same... But in my heart... :cry4:

Aww i'm sorry to hear about Louise....that's so sad

~Cheryl

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Louise. How wonderful that she was able to have one last vacation with you; she must have had a very happy life! And that's what counts in the end.

Second-guessing is what drives all of us animal lovers crazy, and I suspect the majority of us do it. But when it's time for them to go, they just do...would'ves and should'ves are simply part of the pain that comes with trying to accept the loss of their physical presence.

I can imagine you will miss her terribly for some time, but her pawprints are all over your heart...a gift from her for all the love you shared.

Rest in peace, sweet Louise....

angelcat.jpg

I'm so sorry about Loiuse :(, for me, there is nothing more devastating than losing a cat. They purr and wiggle their way into your heart and it's just devastating when they pass.

You miss their meow, their smell, every little thing they do.

OMG Mary Ellen I'm so sorry! :( I've just noticed this thread now. :( Poor Louise, you gave her a very long happy life. You know were i am if you need me.

ellissian wrote:
Oh i just noticed the date. Did she die on my birthday too...just like milly? :(

She passed late Monday night (the 7th) around 10:30.

Thanks for being there...I am doing okay. The first 24 hours were hard, but I so realize that we've kind of expected this for about 2 years. Every day we were amazed that she continued. With her continuous weight loss, we were amazed that she had unbelievable energy and the best spirit. What a great cat she was!

I just downloaded some pics that I had on the camera...but no more of her. Her last ones were from vacation. That kind of makes me sad. (I almost took pics the last day she was alive...but got distracted and never got the camera out.) But it's probably good that the last pics are of her enjoying life. Actually, she remained her feisty self to the very end.

Again, thanks. I think she's found Milly and they are getting acquainted in heaven.

Yeah I hope they've met, milly had a passion for girl cats...remember :) Your Louise was definately a fighter, right till the very end. Take care of you.

Latest posts

Back