RIP Dice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtvarnell

Reaction score
My Dog was barking and I heard squealing this morning and to chase off two dogs. Then to find that our polish rabbit had been gotten. :pray: The plan today was to take him to school for my 5 year old son. He is going to be heart broke.

Good news, we are going to a show this weekend.

Ok let me get this straight. Two dogs got ahold of your polish? If so how? We are suppose to move my daughters buns outside into her rabbitry but things like this freak me out.

LindyS wrote:
Ok let me get this straight. Two dogs got ahold of your polish? If so how? We are suppose to move my daughters buns outside into her rabbitry but things like this freak me out.

Honestly if you have good sturdy cages they will be fine. I've mine in wire hanging cages and they're fine. Keep them up high enough where you just reach your arms in to get them in and out easily. Don't make them to where you have to bend to get in there. If you've got kids invest in a good step stool.

GorbyJobRabbits wrote:
LindyS wrote:

Honestly if you have good sturdy cages they will be fine. I've mine in wire hanging cages and they're fine. Keep them up high enough where you just reach your arms in to get them in and out easily. Don't make them to where you have to bend to get in there. If you've got kids invest in a good step stool.
We have a 10x10x8 dog kennel and a shed. It gets way to hot here to use the shed which has no windows are good venting so we opted for the dog kennel. We are puting a pvc and tarp top on it with tarps on the side. Im sure a dog or cat cant get in the way we are doing it because my husbands doberman coudlnt get out of it. The dogs now are in a wooden fence, which leaves the kennel available. We are also using these cement blocks with plywood ontop to help raising the stacking cages inside the kennel. Im gonna have to take pics.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this, I hope you can find some stock at the show and fix the area where no more dogs can get to your buns. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks all. We do have a really good Guard dog also. She lets us know when there is trouble out there. She loves the bunnies cause she see's us love the bunnies.

Sorry for your loss. I hope your son took the news okay. Have fun at the show this weekend. Maybe you'll come home w/ a new bunny. If you do, be sure to share w/ pics. :)

I message a lady about a blue polish doe last to breed with him. So, maybe she will have one for sale there. She was planning on attending the same show.

He had a few tear but is doing well.

Oh good! Glad your son is doing okay. It can be hard if they've never lost a cherished pet before. It's tough at that age to explain heaven and all of that, also.

Back