RIP Bandit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry, Crystal. :hug:

I think moving Holly out to be with you is a great idea. It should help keep her from being as lonely.

Binky free Bandit, you're in a better place now.

:rainbow:

I'm terribly sorry to hear about Bandit, Crystal :( He will be missed greatly. Poor Holly, I'm glad she has a loving owner to make her feel better! I'm glad that she's playing with her toys some...

Thanks!

Hopefully Susan (Sooska) will be visiting me tomorrow and will help me make a temporary pen for Holly to stay in for a little while in here with us.

Thankfully she's eating. She ate her pumpkin I gave her today and ate her veggies. She's actually not taking it too badly, I think I'm more worried about her then I need to be. But I can't get her off my mind. I think I'm taking it harder then she is.

Well Susan (Sooska) came over today and helped me make an awesome Pen for Holly in my dining room. Holly hung out in her litterbox for a while, but then ventured over in to her Cottontail Cottage (where she loves to be). Gonna take her a while to come around, but I'm really happy with the results.

DSC04596a.jpg

DSC04595a.jpg

DSC04594a.jpg

DSC04593a.jpg

Hey Crystal, I was glad that i could help. I'm sure Holly is missing her "Love" Bandit alot. But now that she is in your dining room and will be able to hear you & Chris talk and see you I bet she comes around to be a much friendlier Bunny. I think she'll end up loving her new home.

She really is the sweetest little bunny. I was holding her for quite some time to. I think she was a little afraid but she did settle down.

Susan:)

Aww I hope she likes her new setup. Looks nice to me. Great work guys!

PoorHolly must be really scared without her buddy. Give her kisses from me.

Aw, I'm glad Susan came to help you out, how sweet.

Give Holly a nose rub and kiss from me:)!

Can I just say? That dining room is absolutely gorgeous?!!!!! Wow, gorgeous. I'm envious now:p. Great job on the cage, guys, that is huge:)!

Holly's new setup looks great! I bet that will help her a lot, being around you all of the time. She's such a cutie :)

Thanks so much. I was a little afraid to how Holly would react to it, because she hasn't really been "caged" in a long time. They've had a room. But she seems to be adjusting. She still spends a lot of time in her cottage, although she's always loved her cottage, so its nothing really new to see her sitting in there. I'm just glad she's around to see and hear ppl all the time.

Bandit got buried in our backyard. My Mother in law went and found me a really nice Rock to write his name and stuff on. Still gotta do that, so he'll always be around us now. I sure do miss that little guy!!

Crystal

That's an ACE set up! Lucky Holly. I'm glad she is adjusting. I am sure she will come to love it :)

:bigtears:I am so sorry for your loss, Crystal.

May Bandit binky through lush, yummy flower-filled meadows. :rainbow:

Thanks so much!

Everyday is getting a little easier, although it's still very hard. Everytime I look at Holly I feel bad that she's now by herself. But I think she's adjusting well.

Crystal

I'm glad it's getting a tiny bit easier each day for you, Crystal:hug:. It's hard. I know with Angel, that was so hard. I still can't believe how hard it was.

Poor little Holly. How is she with the stuffie? Does it seem like it's helped any?

Yea I didn't take losing him very easily. Not something I wanted to go through when I have like 2 weeks left of my pregnancy. Think that made it even harder. Because I had the peace of mind that when the baby was here, they had eachother for company when I didn't have the time to spend with them for the first little bit. Now Holly's alone, so I'm going to try my best to make time for her as much as I can. Although she really is anti-social...

Holly doesn't like the stuffy. He scares her, I think LOL So I've moved it.

Yeah, this is a bad time for you to have to go through this. I'm so sorry, hon. I'm also sorry she doesn't like the stuffie. Maybe you could try it again in a couple days and see if her reaction is any different? I think this is a bit gross, but some rub the stuffie on the deceased bun before giving it to the other bun, so they have the scent to help them. Not sure if you did that, but I don't know I could even do that:?.

Please feel free to pm me if you need to talk, okay?

Crystal I am so sorry for your loss.

Luckily you have another to love and "another' on the way.. Feel for you, and hope that you are continued to beblessed with more love.

Life,as I see it, isabout having the "opportunity" to lovetosomething, so you have been blessed and I am SURE, your Bun knew this.

Thanks Angel & Juliew.

No I didn't rub the stuffy on Bandit. I couldn't do that. I couldn't even bring him in the house, I had someone else put him in the room with Holly. I can try giving her back her stuffy in a day or two. We'll see if she likes it any better then.

juliew19673 wrote:
...Life,as I see it, isabout having the "opportunity" to lovetosomething, so you have been blessed and I am SURE, your Bun knew this.
We hurt so deeply over the loss of a furry loved one because we love so deeply, always remaining vulnerable to suchpain. But if we weren't vulnerable to it, we could never love so deeply. It's a Catch-22. :?

Even though I can still get teary-eyed over the loss of my sweet kitten, Savannah, five years ago, I see my (and everyone's) ability to love so deeply as a blessing. And the love that I once bestowed upon Savannah is now lavished upon my current brood, including two sweet bunnies.

Love deeply; hurt deeply; love deeply once again. And so the cycle continues....

Oh Crystal I am just seeing about Bandit now - I am so sorry. He was such a lovely little man :(

I love what you and Susan did for Holly. Poor girl must miss her boy, but at least now she can be near you.

thinking of you

Jan

Latest posts

Back