Right! That's it- time for drastic litter tray action!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
I am fed up!

Pippin doesn't use his litter tray. He just uses the two free corners of his bedroom (one corner is the door, and the other is where his corner litter tray is).

It means I have to clean out his entire bedroom every day- this means I got through heap loads of hay (it's still cold here and they need lots of bedding) and it takes me a while too. If I don't clean it out every day then there'll be flies and maggots and god knows what in there, and especialy with summer coming.

Benji is so easy because I pick up his litter tray, empty it and then wash or wipe it, and then refill it. Easy. (although I did have to get my dad to make an attachment thing on the hutch so I could basically "clip" the litter tray to the hutch othewise Benji WOULD tip it over lol).

So I have taken drastic action.

I have bought a cat litter tray and basically covered the whole bedroom in litter tray- he can't "go" anywhere else- and it has worked amazingly!! He has to pee in one of them (either the big catlitter one that takes up a whole half, or the corner one)and when he does I just empty, clean and replace it!!!! And no huge amounts of hay is being used etc. and he'll be safe!!!!

I worried that maybe having just litter tray on the floor might make him uncomfortable when in there, but he's not! I just line it with a thick layer of soft hay and he's very comfy!

Woohoo. But this really doesn't have to be a long-term solution does it? It is more of a nuisence than just one litter tray. Anyone else have this problem?

Bo has 2 littertrays in his cage (the entire front lower level) and I had to block the back underpart of his cage. He has the upper part to lay on. He has cut his space down drastically cause he wants to pee in every corner of the cage.

Tony will poo and pee in his tray, but will also poo when he's eating on the other end of the cage which isn't a big deal - poo in a small pile in his underpan is fine.

Clover is an angel with her litterbox.

They ALL poo everywhere when they are out in their xpen - it's been like this for awhile. Tony will be going out and we are going to re-playmate bond Bo and Clover hoping to at least keep them from pooing all over the xpen playyard.

My goodness....this is very strange.

Pippin has now started using his corner litter tray properly...............he has never EVER weed in it- sometimes a few poops- and today he had............

How bizarre. But hey I'm not complaining!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Latest posts

Back