Riding in cars

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariel

Reaction score
It's 8am here and I have 1hr till I have to have Bindy at the vet for immunisation shot.

As I don't have a pet carrier, I have a box to pop her in,unfortunately it has no lid but I thought I'd drape a towel over thetop.
Krystle is going to help me by holding the box while I drive. (sheloves being involved when we take our animals to the vet , unless it'sfor a sad reason she says)

Anyway, I am so worried about Bindy going in the car! I don't know why,but I just am, at this rate I'll freak her out more cause she'll pickup on my vibes.

Anyone have any advice on how to make this trip less stressful for her (ok and for me too )

It's different in the UK and Australia than for us in North America, Sara.

I think your idea of a towel over the box is a good one if you have noother options for now. I'd still think about getting a carrier, they'renot that expensive and mine love to play in theirs. We actually havetwo carriers out for them and they're always in one or the other. Plus,that's just the safest way to travel with a rabbit.

Oh I'm in Australia and i'd like Bindy to have animmunisation against calici virus. (was a virus introduced to Australiaand New Zealand to cull wild rabbits)

When ever I go to the vet I just put a towel in abox, put moi Lapin in there, and than a lid. She seems to take the carride fine. Shes had lots of car rides too, consitering how much she hasto go see the vet. I wish you lots of luck!

gjsara if you read the post by Bo B Bunny I replied down the bottom about calicy virus etc in there.

I'll try bumping it (if i can first time i've ever done this)

You're welcome gjsara, I've gotta race in and have a shower, I'lllet you know how I go when we get back home :)

ariel wrote:
OhI'm in Australia and i'd like Bindy to have an immunisation againstcalici virus. (was a virus introduced to Australia and New Zealand tocull wild rabbits)
Wow. I learned something new today.

Good luck with Bindy! Max was fine inthe car when we took her to the vet. Try talking to her lotsin a soothing voice. I'm sure the box and towel combo will beokay!

Ang xx

Back