Rhinelander

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sr. Bucks - 6 months of age and over, weight 6 1/2 - 9 1/2 lbs. Ideal weight 8 lbs.

Sr. Does - 6 months of age and over, weight 7 - 10 lbs. Ideal weight 8 1/2 lbs.

Jr. Bucks - under 6 months of age. Min weight 3 1/4 lbs.

Jr. Does - under 6 months of age, Min weight 3 1/4 lbs.

My name is Heather Mcclintock and i own 3rhinelanders. all does. The mother and two babys. The mother is not thecorrect color. There is three different colors.

The correct is the correct color which is mainly white bodycolor with black and orange spotted ears and spine with a certainamount of spots on the hindend hip area. There is a certain amount ofspots and a certain pattern that has to be exact before they areconsidered correct.

I am researching the amount and pattern right now

The sport which is not the correct color but still arhinelander. Which is a marbling color of orange, balck and brown onthe whole body. Really pretty but not the right color. imagine abrindle coat on a rabbit and you have a sport.

The charliewhich where they are the correct color butnot the correct number of spots and not the correct pattern. But allthe correct color every where else.

here are some old photos of rhinelanders that i had:

smash.jpg

Smash, standard sr. buck weight 8 pounds

000_0763.jpg

Juliet, standard sr. doe weight 8 1/2 pounds

juliet_b.jpg

all these photos are of standard marked rabbits. the last photo is of ababy that is under a day old. you can see that when born you can onlysee were the black markings are, as they grow fur you start to see theorange so breeders often don't know what babies will have 'showable'markings until they are around a week old.

as stated above, the come in the 3 patterns, the sports look just likeharlequine rabbits in their color (very neat looking rabbits), thestandard is to have an nice strip of color down the back, well placedspots on each side of the body, eye circles, butterfly (the nose spot)and a cheek spot. the ideal rabbit would have deep black, and brightorange colors, side patterns that aren't muddy (photo number1has 'muddy' side spots- they are all mixed together,photo2has 'clean' spots, but not large enough), and a symetricalbutterfly. charlies don't have enough color, they normally have 2little spots on each side of the noise

it should also be said that while these breeds reach 9 1/2 pounds (ormore, i have seen them bigger), they aren't huge rabbits, but have lotsof muscle and tone. as adults they have a sleek, glossy coat and superpowerfull back legs. a very active breed but very loving. . .when ibegan raising them i was told by breeders to not sell them as pets withchildren around. . .and for some rabbits, that is the truth, they wereto powerfull kickers that a small child could really get hurt. but mybuck, smash (1st photo) was beyond gental. . .i have a disabled cousin,and smash was the perfect therapy rabbit with him. . . it was the onlyrabbit my cousin would touch. . .and smash was right there for him.

Back