REX INFO/QESTIONS?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Mountain Rabbitry

Reaction score
Ok so I will be adding Rex Rabbits:happyrabbit: to my rabbitry soon (I know I'm addicted, blame the fur:pet:lol.) So I want to do all my research before they come. So any info on Rex Rabbits you guys could give me would be great.

Crystal

They are just bigger then Mini Rex.. Nothing more new about them.. Used to have them..!

They are nice sized meat rabbits. They were the original rex breed.

They originally popped up in a litter of wild rabbits, and were loved by the King, which is why they are called Rex. They come in Black, Blue, Broken,Californain, Castor, Chocolate, Seal, Sable, Steel, and White.

They are a 4 class rabbit, being shown in by their color. They are very sweet, and tend to be more even tempered than Mini Rex.

They were my first love, and the one breed I would always love to raise again. I specialized in all four colors of Tri Colors when I raised them.

No. The Rex is a Commercial type.

Honestly if you can, either join the ARBA JUST for the the standard of profection book, or see if you can find it on Amazon. Best book there is.

and in that book there are more then 4 colors now.

http://rabbittalkinohio.net/Rex.php

The pic at the top is how they're set up.

and
rabbits%20019.jpg

Oh My Darlin Rabbitry wrote:
I know mini rex are a compact breed are Rex as well?

Crystal
The Rex are commercial type, but one of the "in betweeny" 4 class breeds. I've judged some very nice Rex, but the combination of great type & great fur can be difficult to achieve.

Thanks I'm getting 3 and I have two litters to pick out of. I want to get a REW buck and either a castor and broken castor does or two broken castor does. The father is a castor buckand both does are broken castor. So far they have thrown castor, broken castor, and white. But when the kits are bred they usually produce more colors.

what do you guys think?

Crystal

Latest posts

Back