Revolution Dosage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are AWESOME!!!

I seriously can't thank you enough. I am going to give him the one tube and he goes into get fixed on Dec 3rd, I am going to have the vet give him a thorough go over and if he has any more then I will dose him again in 30 days.

I am nervous about ANY chemicals. My dogs and cats had fleas 5 yrs ago and we got rid of them all naturally, it took a few weeks, loads of baths, loads of salt and dish soap but we did it.

This is the first time I've ever used chemicals on any of my animals and I'm freaking....but I know I need to get rid of them ASAP and I can't be bathing the bunny in dishsoap a couple times a week.

You seriously are great and thanks soooo much.:hugsquish:

He's offically been treated. I put the whole tube on him and he got a baby carrot for being such a good boy :heartbeat:

Now everything I read it says within 12 hours 98-100% of fleas are dead so hopefully my baby starts to feel some relief soon. I've decided Im going to give him a second dosage in 30 days anyways just to be on the safe side. It's worth the $15.50.

I need more than a drink!

He came to me last night full of fleas...I only found out 4 hrs before he arrived that he was covered and of course everything is closed here on Sundays so there wasn't a **** thing I could do until today!

I was just down petting him and the fleas are EVERYWHERE on him, poor dude, when I pet his face they all just go running like crazy!

Sorry I wasn't there to help. Unfortunately I didn't have any additional info. I know we treat rabbits like cats with the Revolution dosing, so Advantage should be the same way.

I know this is not terribly helpful, but when we give cats Frontline (which is never used on rabbits, of course) that arrive at the shelter for the low-cost spay/neuters and show fleas or flea dirt, we just spray the cat down the spine--no real care is taken for dosing. We just try to get several squirts worth onto the spine. I think with these topical antiparasitics (that are somewhat absorbed, of course, as these things are), the dosing can be a bit less specific. Either the rabbit will have an adverse reaction to it, like an ivermectin reaction, or they won't. Dose, as long as you don't go totally overboard (like giving a golden retreiver-sized dose to a Dutch), isn't as important (I think).

Poor bunny! Glad you got some flea meds into him.

It was insane how fast this stuff works, when I went down to check on him last night there was dead fleas everywhere!!!

I was sitting there petting him and there was not a 1 scurrying around, usually they were running all over his eyes, nose and in and out of his ears. Every few seconds he would stop to itch, I petted him last night for about 10 mins straight and he only stopped to scratch once!!

I'm going to clean his bedding everyday and watch watch watch. I think I will treat the second time just to be on the safe side.

You guys rock!

Latest posts

Back