Restoring bunny from GI Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have learned how to get the stasis moving again, through my own esperience, of course... AND I do NOT reccomend Laxatone AT ALL. It absorbs the fluid in the body, which is dangerous. THIS IS WHAT I LEARNED TO DO with my one bunny who had stasis 2x and my other bunny just a few weeks ago...

I give them 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 8oz water from a syringe, every hour for the first and second day, (ONLY MRS BRAGGS ACVbrand, it has the 'mother' in it, unfiltered and unpasteurized) because the vinegar has ENZYMES in it that breaks down the blockage.

Do NOT give food in a syringe YET nor any other way YET, because IF there is a blockage (and NOT just gas) then the blockage could be sent further down where it is a tighter opening and then it is a BIGGER problem and probably MORE DANGEROUS.

Let's contine...

I give belly massages every hour also usually right after the syringe feeding of the Vinegar.

THEN AFTER a day I start the syringe feeding of watered pellets mixed until soft and give it through syringe.

They also NEED 1 oz of water per body weight, per day, so I make sure I do this as much as I can put into the bunny.

I ALSO been recently advised about the Simethicone(it is infant gas relief drops) for the pain from gas buildup, because once they stop eating their belly stops, then bacteria builds up which then causes gas which is painfu for the, THUS the BELLY RUBS/MASSAGING, go as deep as you can unless it gets uncomfortable for bunny and swirl and slide around.

The doctor gave me these instructions for the Simethicone...

1 milliliter EVERY hour for 4 hours THEN 1 milliliter every 4 hours

GOD BLESS YOU,

dozeyblueromeo Perrone :headflick:

Latest posts

Back