Rest well, Zaide Katt.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Our precious baby kitty, Zaide, passed away today around 4:00 p.m. :(.

I was {home alone, Ryan at work} outside and heard Zaide fall off the kitchen table. I heard him meowing in pain and ran inside. He was laying on the kitchen floor by the table. He looked at me, twitched his paw, and took his last breath. I could do nothing. I couldn't stop my beautiful boy from leaving us. He was gone.

I saw a bee flying around in the window. I killed the bee and saw that he had no stinger in him. Ryan and I suspect that the bee stung Zaide and he had a reaction to it and died. We also think that maybe the bee stung him, scared him, and he fell off the table and broke his neck or something. We aren't sure. Whatever it was, it was very tragic and he didn't suffer.

We took Zaide's body into our vet, to have him cremated and the ashes returned to us. This was the hardest thing we have had to do together.

I came home 2 hours early from work, Ryan's mom dropped me off home. Her and I sat around the house and talked about Zaide and how tiny he was. We played him him and laughed at how adorable he was and how he was never going to grow. After Ryan's mom left, I felt the urge to cuddle Zaide because he is so darn cute.

I just didn't know that minutes later he would be ripped from my life. He was only 7 months old, just a baby. We were waiting for him to grow up big like Juji. Zaide's whole litter was very tiny. I don't know what his outcome later in life would have been because of how tiny he was. We just thought they were "dwarfs". At this time, I do not think that his size effected his death. He was a super healthy kitty.

I sat on the kitchen floor screaming for him to get up. I turned my head and thought if I turned it back, he would get up to play. His little black body just laid there. I screamed and screamed and cried....nothing happened. The neighbors didn't even come over to see if I needed help (the windows were wide open, they were outside).

Ryan is absolutely heart broken. He cried his eyes dry, as well. He really loved Zaide. Zaide was "his kitty".

Juji is so lonely already. He was right next to Zaide when he died. Juji jumped from the table and just sat next to Zaide after he had passed. Zaide was his buddy, we got Zaide for him, now he has no one.

Zaide loved to terrorize the bunny room and sit with Marlin and Benson in their cages. They lost a good friend, as well. Zaide also always loved to sit on my lap and lick my hands/chin while I went to the bathroom.

This house is really lonely. I am/have lost two things that "completed" my life. Benson is going to his new forever home and Zaide has been torn from our home and this unfair earth.

Rest well, my beautiful little baby boy :tears2:...

l_3f1877581171d2dc9c1278351b5c688b.jpg

l_137e36416c24e245ca62c85c25200098.jpg

l_c843ce6485dab04ec130371662266256.jpg

l_e2aa2bf95cd605ee565f66c19cf2b390.jpg

l_fdc82e163e77ea0fb7c8e30a49cc6a6b.jpg

l_cc9d8e417fbbda2c42b5d8861455e873.jpg

Our lives are so torn apart right now. It's so unfair.

He was stunning. I'm so very sorry for everything - and for the pain you both are feeling.

:sad:((hugs))

Oh no, Amy. I'm so very sorry. What an awful thing to happen. He was beautiful as well- I love the picture of him cuddling Juji.

I'm thinking of you.

RIP Zaide :pink iris::rainbow::pink iris:

Thank you, every one :hearts.

Juju is really sad. He keeps walking through the house and you can just sense that he is very upset.

As for Ryan and I...we didn't get much sleep last night. We both have work today. I feel sick to my stomach, but I am going to try to make it through the day. I can't really afford a day off after having to pay for the cremation.

I am so sorry for your loss. It seems so very unfair to lose him at such a young age.

His pictures are so special and you can see how loved and happy he was by looking at his face.

He truly was a special kitty.

Juju is just now frantically searching the house. He is even looking inside candle jars and my decorative baskets. It is really heartbreaking to see this.

I hate the feeling when your heart is actually aching, when you can feel the pain of your heart through your chest.

I don't know what to do for Juju besides love on him, but no one is here to do so when we are at work :(.

I know that feeling well Amy :(. We had another cat, Clopsy, who was Brewsters best buddy and he passed away and she was miserable. She did seem to forget him reasonably quickly though, she didn't mourn for too long, I hope Juju doesn't feel miserable for too long as well. I never allowed myself to cry when Clopsy died, it made it worse, that heart-ache feeling still comes when I think of him.

I don't know what to say, losing Brewster is one of my biggest fears, so I can only imagine how you are feeling. I am so so sorry that this happened :(.

He was such a beautiful little dude, I've never seen colouring like that.

Hugs to you and Ryan.

Oh Amy, this is so awful. I was just thinking about you and how hard it is going to be to lose Benson, but then to have this happen - I am just so sorry.

I hope you, Ryan and Juji can help each other through this

Jan

What a shock, I am so sorry Amy. :tears2: We lost a young cat suddenly 2 years ago, I know how horrible it is. :(

:rip: Zaide.

I'm so sorry. What a terrible thing to happen. RIP little kitty.:rainbow:

Hugs to you and yours, Undergunfire. :hug:

Juju is back to following me all over the house while meowing. He never strays more than 5ft from me. He did this when we brought him home, that is why we got Zaide, for Juju.

I don't think Ju would want a stuffy...I think he thinks I am his "stuffy".

I called Juju and Zaide's foster mom earlier today and told her what had happened. She was really shocked and quiet upset. She said that when we are ready, we can come by and pick out any kitty we want, with no adoption fee.

I can't really imagine another kitty right now, not sure that Ryan can either. We do have to think of Juju, though. He is really heart broken right now. I told Patt that we will think about it and said she to let her know and that she will be on vacation for a week, starting Monday.

I'm just really "dizzy" right now. Work was so tough today and seemed like such a long day. Life hasn't been cherry on a sundae lately, and Zaide's passing has really just topped it off. I have major issues with panic and anxiety, that I have bern trying to deal with myself until Ryan joins the military, so that I can get help for it because we have no health insurance right now. It's really a daily struggle.

I just miss Zaide so much and hate being home. I miss him screaming for food and knocking down the NIC "gate" to the bunny room. I miss him licking my chin and hands. All I can picture is his little body laying lifeless on the floor.

Before he died, I was outside looking through the window at his beautiful eyes, staring for minutes, they were quiet crazy looking. I didn't think that minutes later I would be looking at glassy/lifeless eyes.

This is so hard.

Amy I have a dog named Trinket who is about 5 years old now. She had been through more than enough when I got her - and then with me fostering animals - she always gives her heart to them but understands they are "babies" and wont stay.

Her pal Cujo was a constant though, and she knew it. When he died she had some serious issues, and for that reason I brought Jack home - a little guy my parents had kept when I asked them to take on a foster w/ pups from the pound.

She was SO much better when Jack came. The only problems was my parents liked me to take Jack to their house to visit. Trinket doesnt ride well in the car so she stays home. When I'd take Jackk away she'd be horribly distressed, especially if I were to leave Jack with Mom and Dad (Mom loves the dog and begs for him to stay overnight sometimes) - I ended up getting Trinket another pal (a pup my friend gave me ebcause her kids were too rough with it) who strictly stays home with her... and she's wonderfully content.

All of that was in a time I wasnt ready for another (or two) more permanant dogs because MY heart was broken, but for Trinket it was worth it and I wouldn't trade my crew for the world, even as unexpected as they were.

Back