RESOLVED - Vulva is always Red

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Smokies is a house Rabbit and lives with 2 boys, everyone is fixed. They are penned in a 4x5 NIC cubes. She's about 5? I'm not sure and I don't know where the Bunny medical Binder is.

This thread has a bit to do with this one

So the problem is everytime I flip Smokies over her Vulva is always dark red, and the area isn't smooth at all, it has bumps on it.

Here are 2 pictures I took yesterday I think.
1st one you can see the bumps on side of her Vulava
DSCF3013-5.jpg

2nd one you can see her Vulva is red
DSCF3018-4.jpg

I can't think of anything that would irritate it as the bottom of there pen is foam mats. Smokies is still her lively self and she isn't showing any signs of discomfort even as she sits on my bed now she want's to chew the mouse cord for me. (How Sweet of her right?) :)

It's normal. This is going to sound weird, but the genital area can have little bumps and things...it's not usually totally smooth skin. If it became inflamed or smelled funny, it could be a disease or infection, but from the pictures it looks totally normal.

I agree, it looks normal. The bumps could be something like papillomavirus, which is just a type of wart. Bunnies get them on their ears for sure, and it would make sense that they could have a gential wart thing too. I wouldn't worry about it.

Back