Resolved: Shaking after a visit to the Doctor?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertismygod

Reaction score
I brought my male rabbit in to the doctor to have his eye checked. Fortunately, everything is alright with his eye.

However, since the visit he has been shaking nervously. He's in his same old pen, but he won't leave the corner, and he's wrapped himself up in a ball & shaking.

Is this normal, has anyone else's rabbit experienced this?

He's a very quiet, gentleand docile rabbit to begin with, I consider him to be fragile.

My otherrabbit, a female,is the opposite of the male.She's arealtough chick.She's not afraid of anything or anybody and can be quite dominant.

Give him a little bit of down time to get over the stress of traveling to the vets. Lots of peace and quite, some of his favourite veggies or food.

If he is not up to normal within about 6 hours, try tempting him with his favourite food so he doesn't enter GI stasis.

-Dawn

I have a male lop who just recently was neutored and had to travel over an hour by car and when I went to remove him from the carrier he was facing backward shaking but what I found helps is placing a shirt I have slept in for a few nights to remind him of me and home. This really seemed to help

Sorry, I didn't give an update sooner.

He's back to himself! It took him a few hours to realize he was back home & safe. I think he was a little disorientated, that's all.

Thanks for asking about him. :D

Latest posts

Back