RESOLVED - Rabbit w/Snuffles, NY

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomWiktor

Critter Keeper
Reaction score
I just received an urgent phone call regarding a rabbit with snuffles. It was found as a stray and its foster mom didn't anticipate that it would have a medical condition demanding anti-biotics and thus, vet bills. It will be euthanized within a week if an adopter or rescue is not found.

I can temporarily foster this rabbitIF a rescue group or private individual can agree to take it within a month. I am hoping a rabbit lover will step up, or someone can reccomend a rescue group in the area; I am willing to travel within a 3 hour radius of the Hudson Valley.

Please, if you can help in any way.... :pray:

RandomWiktor wrote:
I just received an urgent phone call regarding a rabbit with snuffles. It was found as a stray and its foster mom didn't anticipate that it would have a medical condition demanding anti-biotics and thus, vet bills. It will be euthanized within a week if an adopter or rescue is not found.

I can temporarily foster this rabbitIF a rescue group or private individual can agree to take it within a month. I am hoping a rabbit lover will step up, or someone can reccomend a rescue group in the area; I am willing to travel within a 3 hour radius of the Hudson Valley.

Please, if you can help in any way.... :pray:
Holding onto that hope vibe, right along with you, for a reputable rescue placement (with space) or a good, lifelong home for the bun. "found as a stray" (shaking head).

Until this time I never hopped over to your blog. There is so much going on, and I shall try to visit when time permits. You do so much to help, and educate. Let's hope this innocent stray will be given a chance to snuggle up to a caring human in the weeks ahead! With some anti-biotic juices to get him/her better.

:hearts

The individual who contacted me is supposed to forward me details tonight/tomorrow. I'll let you know ASAP!

Still waiting to hear back. Considering they pestered me about how 'urgent' this is, they sure aren't in a hurry to provide pertinent info!

I have a few different rescues and private individuals scrambling to help. If I can guarentee a home or foster within a month, I can take it and treat it for snuffles before sending it off, if that helps!

Those who sound the "urgent" alarm and then take their time with a stray always make me worry.

:pray: good vibes....

We have a potential placement! IF this person would get back to me already, that is. A rabbit rescue has stepped forward and can take the bunny in a few weeks if I can treat it first. Fingers crossed for the little bun...

The rabbit should be here tomorrow, yay! A rescue has agreed to take her following treatment in 3-4 weeks. I'll post more when she gets here. :)

The rabbit is here, and I'm getting her antibiotics tomorrow. It's not a bad case at ALL. Will post more in my blog later tonight.

Just wanted everyone to know that the bun is responding GREAT to treatment. "She" might actually be a "he" - I'm questioning the utter lack of a dewlap and constant scent markings. I'm calling it "Monty" for now as the bun as turned out to be a bit of a handful - OK about being pet but don't you dare pick it up! I got kicked in the FACE on day one, don't even ask me how that happens to a person pretty well experienced in rabbit wrangling. O_O

Reminds me of Karla comin' in as a stray and being on the floor to be euthanized because of suspected ringworm, bare spot on her fur. and fleas. Turns out, wasn't ringworm.

Hooray for antibiotics and rabbit-knowledgeable persons like you who care.

I think in time Monty'll be reassured of his picking-up by a trustworthy human, and not foot kick in the face anymore. What a grateful and fortunate bun.

:hug: You've given him a name,

Back