Resolved-Rabbit ate a shoe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byfuzzerabbit

Reaction score

- Description: Mini Lop, Black w/ Brown highlights

- spayed/neutered?: Yes

- Notes on Fecal and Urinary Output
Uses liter box and everything looks normal

- Medical History: Only go to the vet to get her nails cliped

- Diet - Hay, pellets, Yogurt treats(very rarely); She is eating now

- movement - All is normal

- any weight loss?: she's fat!

- are there any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach?: Yes, mostly clothes. She knocks over the trashcan but there is only rabbit litter in there

- has the rabbit been outdoors? Yes

------

I went downstairs to lock my rabbit up and found one of those Crocs shoes (those rubber shoe things) on her blanket. She wasn't eating it when I got down there but I saw the chew marks and assumed she ate it because I couldn't find the pieces. If it was just a few bite makes I wouldn't worry but this was a lot of shoe for a rabbit.

will she be fine?

Baw I can't edit my post.

Heres a picture of the shoe. I normally keep this out of her reach but she has takes a few bites out of it over the past year or so(she really likes this shoe for some reason). So I guess the picture isn't as bad as it looks. I guess this time there was a lot of shoe missing. I plan on calling the vet later (it's 3AM now) Hopefully I can get them to look at her next week. This is the only rabbit vet in the area and the other vets refuse to look at a rabbit. It's kind of weird.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/729/llll001.jpg

Watch for smaller or no poops, and really push the hay and water (and exercise), she'll probably be fine. If she suddenly stops pooping, her poops get small, or she appears to be feeling unwell, you'll need and xray an treatment, otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. They can really digest a lot of odd stuff.

sas :bunnydance:

Pipp's right. It should probably come through ok, but watch her like a hawk for the next few days. I'd empty the litter pan of poops at least daily, so you can make sure there are new ones. My guys have eaten a lot of stuff like that and have been fine--but they seem to have tummies of steel knock on wood. To "push the hay", reduce pellets and veggies and treats a little bit, and put out a new bunch of hay.

I just want to reiterate what Pipp, Tonyshuman and I'm sure someone else said, to push the hay and water.;) That's what I would do as well if my naughty bunny ate rubber or something bad for him, it helps alot!:biggrin2: If they won't eat hay or drink water, you've got another problem, but sounds good for now.:D

Byfuzzerabbit wrote:

- Description: Mini Lop, Black w/ Brown highlights

- spayed/neutered?: Yes

- Notes on Fecal and Urinary Output
Uses liter box and everything looks normal

- Medical History: Only go to the vet to get her nails cliped

- Diet - Hay, pellets, Yogurt treats(very rarely); She is eating now

- movement - All is normal

- any weight loss?: she's fat!

- are there any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach?: Yes, mostly clothes. She knocks over the trashcan but there is only rabbit litter in there

- has the rabbit been outdoors? Yes

------

I went downstairs to lock my rabbit up and found one of those Crocs shoes (those rubber shoe things) on her blanket. She wasn't eating it when I got down there but I saw the chew marks and assumed she ate it because I couldn't find the pieces. If it was just a few bite makes I wouldn't worry but this was a lot of shoe for a rabbit.

will she be fine?
rabbits lack the muscle,s for throwing up,they tend to choke-suffocate,die...what goes in must go all the way through,,so as advised watch the poops and give some tummy rubs,,just in case-by the way how are your computer cords,headsets cords,,mine have all been replaced a couple times,...jojobeez is still ok,,..sincerely james waller:wave:

Sorry for not posting been busy with college stuff

Coffee is fine and happy. She is acting normal.

@james waller
Yeah she has gotten after the wires when I lived in an apartment. She always knew which ones to go after to like the cable wire for the router or the TV cable.

Back