RESOLVED: Columbus, OH - Union, MO

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if someone could keep them until next weekend? I just don't have the room. We are busting at the seams now inside and out LOL! I've called a couple of bunny people and they are not able to either.... they mostly have house rabbits as well.

I will force a place overnight but I gotta be able to take them the next day.

Three hours is a little short of what it really is. It's also just one way. I just can't afford to do a 13 hour trip timewise cause a couple of us have even considered renting a van to haul them there. That's about how long it would be for me to get them and go to St. Louis and come back.

There's got to be someone.

GOOD NEWS....possibly, anyway....

I was contacted by someone who may be going to Kansas for a short weekend and may be able to help.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND PAWS AND EARS AND EYES AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU COULD POSSIBLY CROSS THAT THIS WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2:

Not entirely sure. I e-mailed back asking that and also when they will be going...

I'm getting nervous about tomorrow because I just found out that I need to be back here by 11am so that I can take some very important placement tests at my college....I could put it off until Tuesday, when the next available testing day is, but the sooner the better so that I can schedule my classes on Monday and get the ones that I need before they fill up.... If need be I'll wait, but.....ahhhh I'm getting nervous.

That and I don't know what's going to happen if this falls through. I just learned that the CAHS shelter that was my last resort/back up is full. This is turning into a nightmare.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
YES!!!! Where are they leaving from?! Please please please!

:pray::goodluck:pleaseplease:

I'm hoping Betsy (stargazerlily) can. But I haven't heard from her.........I have your number, so if I don't hear from her by tonight, I will assume she is unable to and I'll give you a call to let you know it'll be me you're meeting up with. It'll be the same location I PMed you. :)

NEWEST UPDATE:

A breeder south of Columbus has responded to a Craigslist posting I made. She said that she does some rescue along with her breeding and showing and would be able to help with these bunnies. I don't know how many she can take in, but if she can take in the 6 remaining buns (if we can't set it up for MO after all), that would be absolutely wonderful. I'm not sure how many she'd be equipped for, but will be finding out soon. Will post again when I know for sure.

Unless a miracle happens and I find out that we have drivers to cover all legs of the transport tomorrow, I'm afraid I'll most likely have to cancel and find people more locally. Or at least people who can house temporarily until drivers can be found..

YET ANOTHER UPDATE:

The breeder I spoke about above can take in 5 rabbits.

I've also been in touch with someone who works with the Columbus HRS and the CAHS who said that if the bunnies can't make it to MO this weekend, next weekend she will be able to drive them straight there herself (I will be going with her) if it can be arranged with Jessica (Leaf). She also said that she may be able to foster one of the rabbits.

SO....that means.....

ALL OF THE REMAINING RABBITS HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO FOR THE TIME BEING!!!!

Leaf, I PMed you regarding next weekend, if tomorrow does not work again. Please let me know what you want to do if that's what it comes down to. I personally think this sounds like the easiest route to take...and will allow us to jump a few of these hurdles currently standing in our way.

Thank you guys for helping....ALL of you!!!! All of your hard work in trying to make this happen is really amazing to me.....I can't thank you enough on behalf of these bunnies.

We're not totally out of the woods yet, but we're darn near!!!! :biggrin2:

wow thats great news! Great work you guys!

Im so sorry I couldnt be of more help this week but you guys went over and above to get this all worked out. Jazzaroosky if you ever want to help out in the rescue section here youre more than welcome. Ive been needing extra help in this section and you did such a good jobon this.Great work. :)

Thanks! I'd love to help out. :)

Haley wrote:
wow thats great news! Great work you guys!

Im so sorry I couldnt be of more help this week but you guys went over and above to get this all worked out. Jazzaroosky if you ever want to help out in the rescue section here youre more than welcome. Ive been needing extra help in this section and you did such a good jobon this.Great work. :)

Keep me updated on the situation please. I will try to watch this thread until we know for sure what we are doing.

I sure wish it worked out better - I wanted to see bunnies!!! :pbut if they have a safe home for now - awesome!

Sorry not to pop in sooner. I've been under the weather today and have been at work since 6 a.m. I can do tomorrow, and if need be, I can take some of the rabbits for a week or two (just not longer). It's a shame I'm not going to visit my folks any time soon because then I could take them all the way, or most of it (they live in WI). Let me know. I will try to check back later.

TRANSPORT CANCELLED FOR TOMORROW.

Leaf, please PM me and let me know if you would be able to get them next weekend. A friend of mine offered to drive with me clear there so it'll be much simpler and most likely a lot less stressful on the rabbits. They will be staying with a breeder south of me for the week unless you should decide you no longer want them.....in which case, I'll begin looking for other options.

Let me know if you need anything next week. I don't know what I could do but I'm here :)

I'm so glad the other options have opened up.

Stargazer I sure hope you feel better. I hate being sick :(

Maybe next time. Keep me posted tho. And if I don't get to see those bunnies you'll have to give them a nice nose rub from me.

Jazzaroosky wrote:
YET ANOTHER UPDATE:

The breeder I spoke about above can take in 5 rabbits.

I've also been in touch with someone who works with the Columbus HRS and the CAHS who said that if the bunnies can't make it to MO this weekend, next weekend she will be able to drive them straight there herself (I will be going with her) if it can be arranged with Jessica (Leaf). She also said that she may be able to foster one of the rabbits.

SO....that means.....

ALL OF THE REMAINING RABBITS HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO FOR THE TIME BEING!!!!

Leaf, I PMed you regarding next weekend, if tomorrow does not work again. Please let me know what you want to do if that's what it comes down to. I personally think this sounds like the easiest route to take...and will allow us to jump a few of these hurdles currently standing in our way.

Thank you guys for helping....ALL of you!!!! All of your hard work in trying to make this happen is really amazing to me.....I can't thank you enough on behalf of these bunnies.

We're not totally out of the woods yet, but we're darn near!!!! :biggrin2:

This is so awesome!

You adopted one, another person in Ohio adopted another - I'm taking two, two friends are taking one each and someone is fostering one... which one am I not counting? I'm trying to keep track of it all, but got derailed. Is the breeder who will be housing them temporarily bekeeping one?

This is all excellent news!

I can't thank you enough - and next weekend would be wonderful. I'd be able to further transport the one to Springfield that weekend, and the other the following weekend, if not through the week.

I'm trying to get into my PM box here, but am having issues with it :(

Latest posts

Back