RESOLVED: Beautiful eyering buck at Chicago Ridge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueFrog

Reaction score
I'm still not doing rescue until November - really, I'm not! - but when I was at Chicago Ridge to return some supplies, I couldn't prevent myself from walking into the bunny room and having my heart sink to my shoes at the number of bunnies in house. They're allowed six. There are at least 18. Enough said.

The one who absolutely ripped at my heartstrings was a five pound-ish Hotot mix (whose surrendering owner described him as an "Ottawa rabbit") with black ears, eyerings, a partial dorsal stripe near his tail, and big ol' eyes that will melt you with a glance. He has a big head that he uses to get your attention and beg for scritches. "Want to flip me on my back and poke at my privates, strange human? No problem, I'll just relax until you're done." Neat boy. I didn't ask about age or why he was surrendered, because I don't want to know. He is not neutered, and because Chicago Ridge's clinic is running almost six weeks behind on surgery, can't be before adoption. If he's adopted directly from them, he can return for a free neuter later.

Lots of other buns in residence, including a bonded pair of neutered small REWs, another small REW who just arrived, two REW mini mini rexes, a big "brown" rex in a color somewhere between cinnamon and castor (very pretty), a bonded neutered pair of lionhead and grey dwarf both of whom need socialization but seem findamentally friendly, and a four pound ish chocolate tuxedo bunny said to be super friendly. There are many more of course, those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head despite trying not to look too closely.

Please, someone, go forth and adopt. I'm burnt to a crisp right now, but since I did have this information I figured it couldn't hurt to post it in case someone might be interested in any of them.

Good news! Bluefrog and I talked to the Sheboygan shelter and they agreed to take in two Chicago Ridge rabbits! And that's even with my foster babies going back today!

Myheart and I drove down this weekend to pick up the black and white buck in the thread title and a very sweet black mini lop. We each fostered one until this morning when we brought them to SCHS today. I know Janet has pics, and I took some too so the shelter could get the buns listed on Petfinder right away.

So these two buns are safe for now, SCHS does not euth. rabbits except for in extreme circumstances... it's been over 2 years since they've had to. But they are still in need of adoption! $35 buys you a spayed/neutered and very sweet rabbit.

And with the huge number of new animals Chicago Ridge seems to get every day, any adoptions there would be appreciated too. There's still so many buns there!

:great:This is why I love RO folks!!!!!

Thats awesome! Great work Naturestee and everyone else who helped these babies get to safety. Now we just have to find someone to go adopt them!

Latest posts

Back