Rescued two new bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camarie

Reaction score
I saw the add on craigslist...he said it was a acidental birth well it turns out the guy is a breeder and not a good one...the bunnies where outside! And we've been having serve storms all day...I only went expecting to get one and i came home taking two...i wish i could have taken more this guyhad 2 large males in small cages and 3 females each with a litter the ones i took where the oldest of the 3 litters...a grey girl and a black boy...oh also need help with names...

Here is their cage for now oh and Boo is playing with them...

I know the bedding looks like shavings but its not its this kind of paper kind.

Well, they are a bit young... but very cute. Looks like your girl is a light gray... Too bad the guy is so careless with his rabbits....

They are adorable! I hate it when irresponsible breeders use craigslist that way. Are you going to keep them? They look like they're going to be big, judging by the ears! I'm terrible with names.

yes ill keep the boy with the girl for a week then ill put him in his own cage...when should i get him nuetured? oh and they seem to perfer the food over the formula i have but i still offered it to them since the mother wasnt in the cage with the babies...Boo seems to be encouraging them to explore and the 3 of them are cuddling with each other.

tonyshuman wrote:
They are adorable! I hate it when irresponsible breeders use craigslist that way. Are you going to keep them? They look like they're going to be big, judging by the ears! I'm terrible with names.

Yes i will keep them.

Caught this after all the eating

they are cuties! sounds like you've taken them out of a bad situation... good on you.

maybe the boy could be a Jasper?!? I haven't got any inspiration on girls names for her yet...

edit: I hadn't refreshed the page since that last photo.... that is too cute for words!

well both have grey eyes i think the boys might be blue.

That picture is so cute! With the 2 laying down and the black bunny sitting. :) Congrats on your new bunnies :biggrin2:

:adorable:** April

The blue eyes should darken up as he matures. Most Blacks are born with bluish eyes.

Because they are so young, I'd keep them together for several weeks. Flemish develop slower than other rabbits, they won't be ready to breed for 4-5 months. After everything they've been through, I'd leave them together for another 3-4 weeks.

You really shouldn't neuter the boy until he is 5-6 months old (if you want him to get big). The doe can be spayed around 5 months. Remember to keep the boy separate from the girl for 8 weeks after his neuter. Takes that long for him to be truly sterile.

ok ill leave them together for all of july and sperate the first week of august. Ok ill wait 6 months to nuetur the boy i wasnt going to do it soon i just wanted to know when to so i can have the money saved up before hand. I am still waiting for Boo to get a little bigger before i spay her maybe ill do it in august so the little black boy isnt alone. How many days/weeks do i have to wait with a spay to put her in with him? I am going to get all three of them nuetured/spayed just so i have no accidents. Jethro came to me already nuetured.

Oh My Gosh they are adorable. What a great thing you did saving these 2 Beauties.

Great pictures, I just love :inlove:the last one.

Susan :weee:
:panic::laughsmiley::purpletongue

I was thinking maybe Drac for the boy short for Dracula or some sort of horror themed name but i dont know...the girl i dont have any idea..

Camarie wrote:
How many days/weeks do i have to wait with a spay to put her in with him? I am going to get all three of them nuetured/spayed just so i have no accidents. Jethro came to me already nuetured.

You can put her back with him as soon as she is healed. I'd give her a few weeks to get better after the surgery. Wouldn't want him to hurt her by accident while they are playing.

Name the black boy Draco after the Dragon Constellation! Your light gray girl could be Andromeda...

BlueGiants wrote:
Camarie wrote:
How many days/weeks do i have to wait with a spay to put her in with him? I am going to get all three of them nuetured/spayed just so i have no accidents. Jethro came to me already nuetured.

You can put her back with him as soon as she is healed. I'd give her a few weeks to get better after the surgery. Wouldn't want him to hurt her by accident while they are playing.

Name the black boy Draco after the Dragon Constellation! Your light gray girl could be Andromeda...

Should i keep her by herself after the surgery becuase she shares a cage with Jethro so he doesnt hurt her either?

Still no names yet...waiting for bf to come over to help me....

After a spay, she will need time to recuperate. As long as Jethro is very gentle and they don't play rough or run around too much, she can go back with him after she has the stitches removed. If they get really rambunctious, keep her apart from him a little longer. A spay is still major surgery.

He is a elder bunny with cateracs he doesnt really play that much with her just tons of kisses...Boo plays with the babies.

Still no names yet...

those babies look so young...i got my flemish at 5 weeks and they were huge compared to these babies. super cute though, and im happy they got a good home

Back