Rescued male bun seeking home, Northern California

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
This is a bun I've been fostering. His name is Cosmo and he is an orange and white mini rex mix. Back in March I rescued him from a lady on Craigslist. She had become allergic and was giving him away for free. Worst of all, he was being keep in a glass aquarium! :( When I rescued him he was absolutely starved of attention and played with anything he could. He was one big ball of energy from being kept in fish tank. His age is guessed to be around 1 year.

Cosmo was neutered last month and has healed up nicely. He is a very energetic rabbit who requires lots of toys and daily out of cage time in a bunny proofed room. Cosmo is very friendly, but can be possessive over his cage and the things inside it. He has gotten better about his things being touched since the neuter. He will let you feed and pet him no problem, but when it is time to clean his cage/move things around, it's best to let him out first.

He is fully litter box trained. Cosmo would be a good candidate for bonding to a spayed female rabbit. He was supposedly bonded previously but his mate died in the previous home.

I'm located near Sacramento but willing to transport him to other areas of Northern California depending on the distance.

8746207054_26bac0e9fa_z.jpg

8746206224_dab4365f5f_z.jpg

Thanks, but I did say Mini rex mix. ;) Although I'm not sure if he is even that, haha.

He's so pretty! I linked a friend in sacramento to this thread because he's been thinking about a pet, and has asked me a lot about Monty, but i don't think he's ready for a bun.

Unfortunately it was to Kingman and would be at night. Can't go that far and don't drive at night anymore--one of the many "Golden Years" benefits. We would just love to have him--he looks like our bridge bunny, Commander Bun-Bun.

:woohoo So Larry you were able to adopt Cosmo & get him transport to you? That is wonderful! I know he will be one happy bun with his new home with you! Congratulations! :party:

I'm so happy that Cosmo will be going to a great forever home like he deserves!!

What a great organization Operation Roger is. This wouldn't have been possible without their dedication to getting Cosmo to Larry & Nancy.

Cosmo is on his way!

Here is the pic of him all ready for his road trip. He has a little litter box in the back with some hay and pellets to snack on. I also attached a toy to the side of the carrier. He has a brown paper bag of supplies. Included in it is his Neuter certificate, favorite toy, and ceramic bowl that says "Stud", haha.

9251585590_7120393424.jpg

Thanks for the Cosmo & his travel update! Wishing Cosmo a safe journey to his new home! So glad everything is working out for Cosmo!

Back