Rescued bunny..new to rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will start a blog for him in the morning ^_^,

He comes in to the house a few hours a day in the morning, and in the evening if we are not home to late, he is completely relaxed, not afraid of the dog or the cats...or anything for that mater.

he walked right up to one of the older cats who got angry and thumped at him..that is about as afraid as he has been so far.

not litter box trained yet..we walk around with a dust pan but soon as he is settled in a bit more we will be working on that.

for now he will be an inside outside bunny.

He is allot more comfortable in the house..not over heating as quickly but still gets hot pretty fast, im pretty sure he has never really been in side much..he is just so relaxed all the time!

Yay! I'm glad you're doing a blog. I always love reading about everyone's rabbits.

I don't know how much you know about rabbits, but you pretty much lucked out with this bun. Getting a rabbit that is relaxed right from the get go, and isn't afraid of anything, is pretty rare. Usually with a new rabbit, it takes alot of patience and coaxing to help a rabbit get used to its new environment.

So, does he not pee in your house? That's pretty good if he doesn't. Most rabbits will leave their poop pellets around though, some more than others. A good set up for litter boxes is using one of those rectangle cat litter boxes. I just got the cheap $4 one at walmart. It's like 14x18. Then you use a rabbit safe litter like wood pellets as a layer on the bottom. Then I put a layer of hay over that. The hay in the litter box helps train them to use it cause they go in there to eat, but also will poop and pee at the same time. Oh, one thing you'll want to be aware of since you have cats, is if you use clumping litter for your cats, you won't want your rabbit getting in those litter boxes, because if a rabbit injests that stuff, it can actually be pretty bad. Here's what my set up looks like. It seems to work pretty good for my rabbit.

DSCN0157 (1024x768).jpg

I bet he was really relieved to get rid of all that matted hair and I´m sure it will soon grow back. He looks like such a cute, laid back little chap and settling in to his new home, he´s been so lucky to end up with you.

Jenny´s right, most us use the same litter training set up with hay in the opposite end to where you want them to go, mine love munching and pooping at the same time and they do adapt really quickly, they´re such clever little things, you wouldn´t believe.

Hope you start your bunny blog, I think we all love reading about everyone elses buns as well as obsessing about our own. And I love his name, it does so suit him. :nod

ty for the tips with the litter box! I will get one made up, and nope never has peed in the house just little round poops.

the cat boxes are on the tiled floor...he does not seem to like to walk on that..he slips around and runs back to the carpet so, this far i am not worried about that yet.

I know a little bit about bunnies from keeping them as a kid...and i was thinking this one was a bit odd o_O...And as i have read more and more the odder he seams!!!
guess I got lucky and found an awesome one from the get go! more shaved and adorable pics to come in his up coming blog!

oh another question!!

ok licking...is it normal for him to lick us often? if we are on the floor with him he will lick toes..hand arms clothes anything he can reach.

when he was being shaved he was licking my hoody over and over again while the shaving was happening...is this normal?

oh another question!!

ok licking...is it normal for him to lick us often? if we are on the floor with him he will lick toes..hand arms clothes anything he can reach.

when he was being shaved he was licking my hoody over and over again while the shaving was happening...is this normal?

My last pair was obsessed with licking my feet! I think it means they think you are a fellow bun and they want to groom you! :dancingorig:

My gosh, you got a super relaxed brave rabbit, and he's a licker too! How can you be so lucky? I used to have this one really sweet bunny. She was a HUGE licker! She would give me a whole bath in bunny kisses, if I let her. Not all buns are like that though. Some of my rabbits wouldn't lick me if their lives depended on it, but they sure like me to pet them!

Latest posts

Back