Rescued Baby Kitten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaylaLop

Reaction score
So, I saw an ad online for someone who found a kitten whose momma and littermates had all been eaten by a neighbor's dog. The cats were feral and living under a porch. After they heard the commotion they went out and found the remains of the family but heard meows and found this little guy seemingly healthy.

I called them, since I know people who would be willing to help out, and they said they didn't really know what they were doing and were going to wait until morning to find someone. I knew the kitten (3-4 days old) would die by morning if not cared for, so I took him in even though I didn't really know what to do. But, the people bought some KMR and a small bottle for him and I gave him two small feedings when I got home and put a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel in the box with him.

I knew of some people in the local area who could help and one of them took him in and has now decided to raise him and keep him! She's currently a stay at home mom and was looking for a kitten come spring, and has bottle fed animals (as well as her kids) before so it was a good match!

Buuut enough blathering, she had plans to go out to dinner and asked if I could babysit the little guy for a few hours. So I took some pictures and thought I'd share!

Day 3-4
Screenshot2012-03-23at75554PM.png

Day 7
Screenshot2012-03-23at75615PM.png

Screenshot2012-03-23at75625PM.png

Screenshot2012-03-23at75635PM.png

Yes, he will! My bf and I have been thinking about getting a cat for my dog (since he loves cats) but since we'll be moving soon AND I'm not allowed cats I knew it was best for him to be fostered by someone who could keep him forever.

Just gives me the chance to rescue a different cat (probably an older one) whenever we settle in!

He/she is gorgeous! What may help with him being alone is a clock that ticks, it will sound like mommy's heart beating or even her purring and that will help baby kitten feel safe and secure and not so lonely. Also you can hold him/her close to you so that he/she feels safe/secure. Baby kittens need to be close to their momma and siblings, but since they are gone you and the lady that took him/her in are the snugglers for this kitten.

Oh, he has been getting plenty of snuggles! Between feedings and naps (and even during naps) he's often held by his foster momma or her older daughter while watching tv. She's given him a few stuffed animals to nestle with against the heating pad for times when he isn't held. I did suggest the clock to her as well!

Again, not a cat person, but how can you not fall in love with that little guy.

So glad to hear he's found a forever home with people who will love and tenderly care for him and cherish him being there!

K:)

I heard from the foster momma and his eyes are starting to crack open and this makes one week since I did the drive to go pick him up. He's gained 5 ounces in less than that time so he's growing strong!

Just thought I'd update everyone interested.. should get pics sometime soon again. :)

Thanks for the update. Glad the little one is doing well and gaining weight!

Can't wait to see new pics!

K:)

Sorry, last time I saw him I didn't take any pictures... He's moving around a lot, his teeth are coming in, and he wobbles about with his eyes open. It's super cute and he's growing very well! I do have a picture of the day his eyes opened so here it is:

Screenshot2012-04-04at93329PM.png

And another she sent me:
Screenshot2012-04-04at93345PM.png

XD hahaha OMG so cute! Especially that second one with his eyes open. He is so cute! Kind of makes me miss having a kitten around.

Back