Rescued an injured seagull today!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
My boyfriend were walking down a fairly busy street today, and we saw a seagull walking down the sidewalk. When we got closer to him, he didn't fly away and we noticed that he was actually stumbling around. My boyfriend stayed there, while I ran to my parent's house and grabbed a towel and and an old carrier. We easily scooped him up into the carrier, and brought him to a wildlife clinic two towns from us. They gave me a tracking number for him, so tomorrow I'll be able to call and see how he's making out.

Oh good for you! Most people would have done nothing cause they think seagulls are annoying. I LOVE seagulls! <3 What a lucky seagull c:

I'm one of those people too... I hate how mean people can be to seagulls!! it isn't their fault everyone feeds them and they become reliant... :( but yay, good for you, what a lucky gull :D

I actually feed them.. XD;; (Ones that actually really rely on people feeding them... I promise, I didn't start it! XD)

I like how they flock around though.

It's cute and they're so smart.

I like when I'm in the balcony of a hotel and they fly around and catch the food. (And I like to get pics of them!: x, x, x, x, x, x)
I once saw one with only one foot! O:

I feed them too, whenever I go to the beach.

I have some bad news though; he didn't make it through night. When they went to check on him this morning, he was dead. Apparently he was very thin and anemic.

RIP Mr. Seagull :(

I'm sorry he didn't make it.

I'm a wildlife rehabber, and that is a common occurrance. Wildlife are very tough, and will fight to live out in the wild when injured to not attract a predator, since they are hurt. Once they are in a safe environment, when they've been down while (evidenced by its being very thin - he had probably been down for a while) -they often pass away on their own.

I always take heart in the fact that they pass away in a safe and warm environment. It must be very scary to be out there, injured, and so exposed.
He was able to let his guard down and leave.

I still feel really bad that this happened, but I know it's a part of life, and at least I tried, right? He didn't get hit by a car, or freeze to death outside, alone...
This may sound like a weird question: Does anyone else get depressed around this time of year, when it's cold, and you see homeless dogs and cats out in the snow? I get that way every year. It's so sad, and I totally wish I could bring them all home, and give them warmth and food, or at least find them homes. :(

Crystal! :)

The buns are fine, and Belle is doing very well. She's still a princess, lol. I have a few pictures of her in my blog... hint, hint. :biggrin2:

ChandieLee wrote:
Crystal! :)

The buns are fine, and Belle is doing very well. She's still a princess, lol. I have a few pictures of her in my blog... hint, hint. :biggrin2:
:D Glad to hear all is well, give that Belle Princess a kiss from me! I'll check out the pics!;)

Latest posts

Back