RESCUE: VA (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturestee

Reaction score
This is cross-posted from the Cavy Cages forum with permission.

Bunnyluv7 wrote:

Last week I was at the Virginia Beach SPCA volunteering with the smallmammals. I discovered that one of the rabbits is back, this is histhird time being returned to the shelter. "Jack" aka "Tristan" aka"Honey" has had at least four homes in his young life (he is only oneyear old). The previous two homes have returned him due to destructivebehavior, but from what I have learned this behavior does not seem tobe any different from a typical rabbit. One of the previous homes saidhe dug at the corners of the carpet and chewed wires, which is verynormal behavior for a rabbit and can easily be prevented with properbunny proofing.

Jack is the sweetest guy you will ever meet! He is a flemish giant mixweighing perhaps 9-10 pounds. He loves to be around people and is veryoutgoing. He is a great snuggle bun and seems to have a mellow andfriendly personality and does not seem to act aggressive towards otherrabbits. Despite the high stress level of the shelter, and not tomention the constant home shuffling he has gone through, Jack remainsas sweet and lovable as ever! I think he would do well in a moderatelyto very busy household and he is good around kids, cats, and dogs. Eventhough this guy is big, he is very tolerant of handling and beingpicked up and enjoys attention. He even does well on a harness andleash in a safe outside area. One of his previous homes mentioned thathe will use his cage as a litterbox, and they had just left the cageopen and he would return to the cage when he had to go to the bathroom.Jack is already neutered.

I did notice that Jack had a bit of crusty ears down in the ear, and Ihave made sure that he had a referral to see the vet. He should bebeing treated, but it would be a good idea if the adoptive family couldtake him to see an exotic vet.

Everyone at the shelter who gets to know Jack falls in love with himand I really do not know why he hasn't found his forever family yet. Iwould have adopted him the instant he came to the shelter, but I cannothave any more pets right now. Jack is an incredibly sweet, social, andaffectionate rabbit who desperately wants to find a permanent home. Ithink he would make an awesome pet for a family willing to put a littletime into proper bunny proofing and to make sure to give him a varietyof toys to keep him stimulated.

Please, Please, Please if you are in the area and looking to adopt (orknow someone who is), come check out this incredible boy at theVirginia Beach SPCA. Virginia BeachSPCA

4g4scom.jpg

Oh he sure is adorable!

Poor little man. I really hope he can find his forever home. We're keeping our fingers (and paws) crossed for this little guy.

What a handsome big fellow! If only i lived in America...

It doesn't seem right that he's being shoved about likethat:cry1:I really hope someone on here can give him a goodhome.

Michaela:brownbunny

OMG, if I lived in the States I'd adopt him.

He's so cute. Do people not read up on animals before the adopt them?

Soooska:apollo:

Oh man alive! I want him! He just looks so precious and sweet. Too badI'm too far and definitely can't have another.:(

He is just adorable! How anyone could give him up is beyond me. I really hope he finds a loving home soon.

what a beautiful rabbit, if only i lived in the US.
it really annoys me when people get pets and give up on them because they taught he was being destructive.
i hope he gets the home he deserves

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Oh man alive! I want him! He just looks so precious andsweet. Too badI'm too far and definitely can't haveanother.:(
*Sigh*...My sentiments exactly. I'm too far away as well, and simplycannot take on another animal right now. But (to quote the late SteveIrwin), 'What a beauty!!'

Jack is absolutely gorgeous; you can just see the gentleness in hisface. Whoever does wind up adopting Jack is going to be so blessed, I'msure. May he find his forever home soon....:inlove:

Ohh wow just look at that young boy!!!,Jack isabsolutely super gorgeous,i love his colouring,ya know..i would reallylove to see a flemish giant in person just so i can see their size muchbetter,i'm totally in love with Jack,ohh i sure hope he can find aforever home,how can someone pass up this guy!

cheryl

oh, i would take him if i lived closer, and wasin my own place (but living in 2 different cities right now doesn'tmake it easy to bring another rabbit home).

i am sure he will find a good home, one that will keep him forever!

Every time I look at him I want him more. :inlove:

He is the cutest bunny I've seen in a long time that I can say I actually would adopt. If only I lived closer.

Soooska:apollo:

Jack has a new home! :happydance

He was adopted by a member of another forum who has two otherrabbits. She might try bonding them as a trio. Hisname is now Big Bun, and he's living in a big exercise pen and gettinglots of nose rubs.

What a sweet-looking fella - I'm so glad he's found a good home!

Latest posts

Back