rescue shelters-any adelaide people out there?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippie

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am wanting to get a friend for my rabbit-he's a 12 week old netherland dwarf. I won't be doing this until he is old enough to be desexed though. does anyone know if there are any rescue shelters in adelaide that allow you to bring your bunny in to see if he will bond with another rabbit? I've looked at the rspca but the bunnies there are either too old or too big and I've been told that if I'm to get a friend for my rabbit it should be one that is of similar age and size to the one I already have. thanks!

Hey hippie! I'm from Adelaide too. I don't know any rescues that do that but a lot of breeders do. :3 good luck!

OMGósh! I didn't know our state even had rabbit rescues!
I always tried looking them up but couldn't find any!
that's amazing!!

They're not really like Rescues you read about in the USA. I think more rabbit specific rescues will be formed here in Australia. As rabbits become a more popular pet, the higher the dumpage rate or incidence of back yard breeding will occur unfortunately.

The Adelaide Foster Network one is really only just starting out. I'm actually fostering some of the rabbits.
They're hoping to gain more suitable foster homes so if you know of anyone interested, please point themto the organisation.

I forgot to mention the RSPCA! They often have adoptable rabbits. Just go to adoptapet.com.au and put in the search details. Or ring your local RSPCA shelter.

Latest posts

Back