Rescue Remedy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micio

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has any experience using Bach's Rescue Remedy, but I was wondering if it would work for a rabbit. It's an all natural stress reliever made from flower essences, and I know a lot of people use it to calm down their kitties. I've used it for my rescue parrots to calm them in order to reduce stressful feather plucking, and it worked well.

Any thoughts? My bun is CRAZY, and I'm desperate to get him to chill out a bit!

I have never used it but depending on how old your bunny is neutering is probably your best bets to get him to settle down.

Maybe somebody else will know about the rescue remedy.

Good Luck,

Joy

I've never used it.

Could you give us more info on your rabbit? How long have you had him, and is he spayed/neutered? What kind of situation did he come from?

There are lots of flowers that are poisonous to bunnies, so, unless you can identify all the plants as being safe, it's not worth the risk, in my eyes.

Something that can calm bunnies ishttp://www.vetark.co.uk/news.htmlI'm not sure on your location, but you might be able to get it, or something that is also a rabbit probiotic wherever you are.

What kind of 'crazy' do you mean? What's he doing?

I had looked into it in the past because my doe is so hyper and I couldn't touch her for months (I still can't) but I did my research and Rescue Remedy (along with most herbal remedies)actually contains poisonous plant extract.

A little bit wont kill them but it wont be good for them either. It's best to avoid it and stick to good old fashion neutering.

When I say crazy, I mean he is aggressive and will lunge and bite. He will do a non-stop digging thing on my bed then lunge, grunt, and bite. He's not always naughty,but he is kind of a spaz. He was a rescue bunny and I don't know anything about his history. He was a few months when I found him and had him neutered a month later. I assume he may have had a bad past, possibly with kids grabbing at him. I just can't seem to calm him, and I've been very patient.

I am sure Lucy Locket used rescue Remedy on her rabbit, Lucy, with good results. In our health store, they even recommend it for pets, incl. rabbits. Perhaps a wors with your vet (I'm sure her vet recommended it)

Jan

Latest posts

Back