RESCUE: Long Island Overload

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
This is from another rescue list...

---------

We got a call from a woman on LI - a family of rabbits was left in heryard in a large bin. She has other rabbits (and severaldisabled cats), and someone must have known about her big heart andleft them for her to find.

There are 5 bunnies - I believe they are Hotot's or mixes.Mom (likely pregnant again), Dad, and 3 baby girls - I suspect around 3months old.

We have no space for these bunnies in our rescue! They arevery friendly and adorable ("dad" groomed me as soon as I picked himup!). Mom and Dad need vet care - mom for the pregnancy, andDad for 2 bad bite wounds (one on his back and one on his lip).

This woman means well, but knows little about rabbit care, husbandry,etc. She cannot afford to even foster them, and they will notget the vet care they need where they are.

I think these bunnies are highly adoptable, and could be adopted outeasily once they are vet checked and S/N. Sadly, we don'thave the space or resources for them.

We need help with:

Fosters/adopters/rescuers

Vet bills (especially for mom and dad - I'm praying the babies are too young to be pregnant)

Transport assistance if adopters/fosterers/rescuers require it.

Please feel free to email me with any questions, etc. Thanks so much!

I will try to post their photos on the site under LI hotots.

Greta, Volunteer

LI Rabbit Rescue Group

Long Island Rabbit Rescue Group

Phone: (631) 379-3914

E-mail: LI Rabbit [email][email protected][/email]

think its okay to crosspost this? Im a member of bunderground and I could send it out to see if anyone is in that area..

Latest posts

Back