RESCUE: Cream Ridge, NJ 08514 BUNNYS!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, I have been wondering whats happening with these bunnys...I hope all is going good getting them out of there. Will there then be some kind of foundation put in so that this person stops bunnies from being dumped there??It does not sound like much of a safehouse for them...

ImSoRexyItHurts wrote:
If Jody doesn't respond herself, or you don't hear an update I will give you one tomorrow when I get back.
I know she is pulling more out tomorrow (Saturday) Don't know the entire situation or whats left etc.

Thanks,

I was hoping we'd get an update.

I hope they've at least sexed them, and separated the boys and girls so the breeding won't continue.

I now have two new bunnies!! I took the BIG cream colored lop (she's actually white but she has been sprayed so much that she looks as though she's cream) and a little
gray & white dutch mix. Both are in pretty good shape. They are both probably pregnant....I'll know within the next 30 days!! I also took a little gray, dutch mix, boy for the woman that offered to take him, in Clifton.
Phew!!!! time for a nap.....I wish!!!

I also brought 2 home. Doots if I knew I would have transported , I live right near Clifton lol. Then again if I drove anymore yesterday I think I would have passed out.

I took 2 mini rex, white/beige spots. They look like brothers or.. related some how. A few rips in the ears and bite wounds but not too bad. Seem pretty friendly I guess but the one is still really otu of it from being neutered.

I think she said there are about 10 left in the shed she is working on getting out. I give her lots of credit, she's doing A LOT of work with these buns.What an angel! I'm sure she could still use help, either donations or foster homes.

ImSoRexyItHurts wrote:
I live right near Clifton

Me, too!

Congrats on getting those two guys out of there.
Are you keeping them?

JimD wrote:
ImSoRexyItHurts wrote:
I live right near Clifton

Me, too!

Congrats on getting those two guys out of there.
Are you keeping them?
You're insane right? LOL (mind you spring is coming and I do wildlife rehab. I will probably have over 30 squirrels this summer alone. )
I am keeping the girl. But none of these buns are bonded so this is 3 extra cages. Unless I some how fall deep in love with one of the boys, they will be here only to be cleaned up, healed , neutered then adopted out, unless Jody wants them back to adopt out herself.. The only reason I asked for rexes is because with standard fur my allergies really go crazy. I'm already allergic to the hay but not soo bad so For now they are just safe and getting back to being healthy and if they stay here longer term its ok.
Don't really know what I'm / We're doign with them yet. lol
I did offer to help take in a pregnant one just for the experience as long as they go back or fostered after weened. I guess we'll see what happens.
She still needs fosters. Here is an email I recieved from her this morning.

Hello everyone, Update on the situation. First thank you to everyone that has helped so far. People have donated food, bedding, hay, bowls, cages and $$$. I went yesterday, and pulled 11 more rabbits from the place. And yesterday, they all went to foster homes! Yea!!!!! The bunnies are not in terrible shape, but the closer you look, the more bite wounds/infections are found. But, other than that, and all needing spays/neuters, they are doing (relatively) well. I spoke to the lady there again yesterday, and it appears she has tried to reach out for help with these bunnies in the past, to no avail. She said she called a rabbit rescue in North Jersey, and one in South Jersey, and they couldn't help. She never contacted me though. With no help in sight, it was either "the shed" or a shelter where she was afraid they would be put to sleep. (Mind you, I'm not saying how she handled this was even close to "okay", but these rabbits were just dumped on her...) Anyway, after what I pulled yesterday, there is still 12 more to be removed. So, I am still in desperate need of foster homes for the remaining 12...and I am going back for them next Saturday morning.' The following people...are you still able to take/foster: Valerie - 1 bunny? Linda - 1 male or something young that can't be pregnant? JoAnn - 1 to foster/adopt? If you gals can still take a bunny, then I need to find a place for 9 more. Whew! Can anyone else help out? And of course, we are still accepting donations of food, hay, litter, bedding, bowls and $$$ Thank you all so much. Without help from you all, I'm afraid these bunnies would have ended up being put to sleep. Each and every one of you helped saved many lives.... Jody Kind Heart Rescue

Charlotte, do you have a cheap spay place near you? We could try to raise some donations here to get them spayed ASAP if that is something you would agree to.

So Rexy, do you have any girls who could possibly be pregnant?

Let me know how many girls we're talking about and what the spays prices are like out there and we'll see what we can do.

Both girls should be giving birth within the next 14 days ...yikes!!! I use a Vet in New York that charges me (my Rescue) $50 each. My regular Vet charges me $140 for the males & $220 for the females.....and this, is with my discount!!! To get them spayed, right now, before they give birth, will run about $300 each. I am not going to do this.....12 kits would eventually cost the same, in the long run. I will not put the Does through anymore stress, and the possibility of losing, them by having them spayed right now. As soon as the kits are totally weaned (7 to 8 weeks) I'll have the Moms spayed.
The kits will be spay/neutered when they are between 4 & 5 months old. We have time to "save a bundle" :). Thanks for the offer, though. Just wish I had someone to clean all these litter boxes!!!! :pullhair: LOL!!!!

Haley wrote:
Charlotte, do you have a cheap spay place near you? We could try to raise some donations here to get them spayed ASAP if that is something you would agree to.

So Rexy, do you have any girls who could possibly be pregnant?

Let me know how many girls we're talking about and what the spays prices are like out there and we'll see what we can do.
No maam. Or at least as far as I know but I am keeping an eye on the one rex girl I took in with her sister. She kinda looks buldgy but I can't tell. Regardless I am having them spayed eventually and will pay for it. =)
Jody will let me know if she see's any buldgy females next bun run so I might eventually.

Are the bunnies all still running loose? I could donate money for NICs if someone would go out and separate the males and females.

Or are there any local rescues who would allow you guys to borrow some cages just to make sure we dont have any more babies?

I am not quite sure what the deal is with in the shed right now. I would assume she did as best as possible to not let them keep fighting or breeding but I will email and ask her for you.

Any updates on this?

Are there still bunnies in "the shed"?

Are the fosters finding forever homes?

There are 12 bunnies left in the shed. She still needs foster homes. She said there is more room now so they arent exactly fighting but ofcourse they can still be breeding, however she is doing all she can. She is trying to go back and pull more this week hopefully all but it depends on how many foster homes she gets. She's already taking over 20 I believe. I offered to take in 1 more to foster if it helps but I already have my 4 and 2 fosters, so I'm hoping others offer.
There isn't enough cages to just separate them all, or sex separate them with out fighting with each other in a small cage. She needs the cages to go to foster homes so she can get them out.
As soon as I get more info from her on the situation I will let you know.

Code:
            Hi everyone,

So many people have stepped up to help with these bunnies, and I'm going  

back again Saturday to grab (hopefully) the remaining 12.

I have fosters for 6 of them...but still trying to find a safe place for  the 

remaining 6.

Anyone? PLEASE...

Thanks,

Jody Couse  Caizza

Kind Heart Rescue 

3 Hyacinth Court

Cream Ridge, NJ 08514_  [url]www.KindheartRescue.com_[/url] 

([url=http://www.kindheartrescue.com/]http://www.kindheartrescue.com/[/url])

Code:
I Just got this from Jody at KindHeartRescue!!!!! What an ANGEL she is...
ALL THE BUNNYS ARE OUT OF THE SHED!!!!!!

Hi everyone,
By now, you know about these "shed rabbits".
I pulled the last of the bunnies from the shed last Saturday, and when all  
was said and done, I removed 33 rabbits.
Most of them went to foster or adoptive homes!  YEA!!!!!!  
The remainder I squeezed in here.
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped.
Within the first few days of pulling the bunnies, a few of the girls had  
litters before they could get to the vet for spays.
Four litters were born in those first days.  
One litter is here with me, and three others are in foster homes.
I've had 5 of the 7 females I took in here spayed, and another goes  Tuesday. 
The Momma I have here had 7 babies.
There are two other litters of 5, one litter of six.
The girls I had spayed, were all pregnant - thankfully  I got them in  before 
they delivered - and they were "early enough on" to be done.  But  also sad 
for the kits who will never know life...
I'm in the process of getting the boys neutered, and a few are done  already.
One of the other girls in a foster home goes in for a spay Monday.
Another THANKS to those who donated $$$ - which enabled me to have this  done.
Anyway, the real point of this e-mail is that the FIRST OF THE SHED BUNNIES  
ARE UP FOR ADOPTION!!!
From a life of fighting for survival....to spayed/neutered, cared  for and 
ready for the good life.
If you're interested in adopting one of these bunnies, and can overlook the  
torn bits of ears...and the battle scars, they are all delightful bunnies of 
all  breeds.  You may also choose a baby, and leave a deposit for when they are 
old enough to go to a new home!
Be happy to send you an application!
Thanks again to everyone!
Jody Couse  Caizza
Kind Heart Rescue 
3 Hyacinth Court
Cream Ridge, NJ 08514_  [url]www.KindheartRescue.com_[/url] 
([url=http://www.kindheartrescue.com/]http://www.kindheartrescue.com/[/url])

Latest posts

Back