Rescue buns?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Rescue Story

• Gunston and Whidbey's Story

• Murphy's Story

• Cheeto and Millie's Story

• Archie's Story

• Babitty, Wallaby, Ty, Kit and Kat, Buttercup's Story

• Loki's Story

• Rue's Story

Results are only viewable after voting.
The lady who owns the property that connects to our riding school has her own little animal hoarding collection going on. She has a bunch of small little cages with rabbits outside with no protection from the weather. Once and awhile she will take them inside. So one of the does ends up with a litter of kits. April 5 we noticed a cage sitting out in the open outside of the little barn. We went and took a peek and there was 5 kits cuddled together shivering and freezing. So we put a blanket over the cage, gave them food and water(they had neither) and we took it upon ourselves to check these buns daily and make sure they are okay. The end of April got really hot and poor Momma who was nursing had no water and thats when we had enough.

Humane society wouldn't do anything because there is food on site and we keep watering them so of course they said "thats all we can do". By the time the kits were 5 weeks we all took one. So I brought home Rue. At 5 weeks old he only weighed 9 ounces.

Today he is a healthy 5lbs and 8 months old. He is spoiled rotten, covers you in kisses head to toe, plays with our dog and just loves being loved. He follows our maltese around everywhere like an annoying little brother lol. We take him everywhere with us and lives a great life.

The sad part is, this woman ended up with another litter over the summer and had them out in the open with no shade or water and 4 of the 6 died of heat stroke :(

The day we brought him home
rueedit.png

He loved Maggie instantly to the point she took care of him like he was her little puppy. He got out of his cage(when he fit between the bars) and she picked him up and took him back to his cage and looked at me as if to say "he goes in here"

ruemags.jpg

About 6 weeks... he actually was able to fit between the spaces in the cage so we had to put a fence around to keep him in it lol

grrr.jpg

When he was 4ish months

guiltyedit.png

And a couple weeks ago at 8 months

578582_10151222673204525_1402363517_n_zpsd824d410.jpg

Aww! Rue is adorable!! Touching story too, thank goodness you saved those poor kits!

So, this thread got thrown off course by the new software, but I'll still post a poll if people are following! I'll do a poll of the stories first, then tackle one with pics.

This thread now has a poll (pretty cool, we can just add one! :D ) I combined stories that were from the same person, for example, if you posted about more than 1 bunny story, it's counted as all one story. So, now you can read through these 7 stories and vote for your favorite! I'll leave the poll open for a long time to get the most votes, and then once we have a good amount, I'll announce the winner! Good luck, and start voting!

Babitty, Wallaby, Ty, Kit and Kat, Buttercup's Story is winning so far! Keep up the votes!

Oops, so I kinda need to bring this thread back... Let's say one more day for voting, and then tomorrow we'll have a winner!

So... Looks like we have a winner!

Babitty, Wallaby, Ty, Kit and Kat, Buttercup's Story has won!! Thanks for sharing stories and voting; it's nice to give a little shout out to the bunnies who have been rescued!

Back