Rescue bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIpitydane

Reaction score
A friend of mine was leaving to run some errands and as she was driving down her street she saw an xpen in a yard with a for sale sign on it. She's an animal lover so she stopped to see what was up. It has been 100+ degree's here the past few day's and to see any animal with no shade in an xpen is distressing. Anyway...it was a bunny...10 bunnies actually....but one in particular was in awful shape. He was so bad off she paid the $5 and took him. She brought him up to my work and I told her I'd take him on. He was IN FEST ED with flea's....and therefore extremely anemic. He is half what he should weigh and was so dirty that he had to have a real bath. He was muddy and covered in urine and flea dirt. During the bath he kept trying to drink the water he was so thirsty. After his bath we offered him a handful of pellet's and he ate them literally like a dog scarfing it down like he wasn't going to get enough. After I brought him home I set up a separate NIC cage for him. The whole time my husband was holding him he was searching for food. I took him to the cage and set him inside and before his feet were even on the ground he was grabbing mouthfuls of pellets and hay. I dunno what's wrong with people. Tracy said that although they didn't allow her inside the house, she could smell a strong odor. I recognized the odor on the rabbit as old dog and cat feces and urine. It sounds like a horrible situation there and I called animal control and mentioned it but they are very lenient here. I'm so sad for the other 9 rabbit's there but I can't buy them all and even if I could I'd have no accomodations for that many. :(
Here is a pic of the pathetic little guy.
14458_291744_550000000.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS!! What a great save.I wish you could go back and give thema what for or educate them thatthe rabbits will die from the heat and that is animal cruelty. Unfortunately Iam one of those people who will approach and say something. I get way too upset. Is there anyway to go tell them in a friendly way or can you call the SPCA again and tell them thatthey are over the limit for the county and that there are animals lives at risk? They have to if animals are in danger.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Bless your heart for taking the poor hungry and hot baby in. Can't wait to hear how he is doing later and to see more pictures.

:banghead My vocabulary is too limited to truly express my feelings. I'm glad one was rescued. I would continue to call the authorities as well as ASPCA, Humane Society, and even the local news media--print and electronic to get something done.

I wanted to go save them all....but that wont do anything but encourage them. Ive placed a complaint with the humane society here too....they seem to be more proactive in these matters.

Back