Rescue Bun Breed Guess?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mink

Reaction score
Hello, I adopted my new rabbit Tiger - he was a baby around Easter since he was a easter bunny and I hear he was originally small enough to live in the 1ft x 2ft cage he had... until he grew. He could be around 9 to 11 months old? I think he's around 7 pounds.

I was hoping some experienced people here would want to play guess the Breed? Or even markings / colors?

I tried to get some pictures like its recommended, it was tough! Lol

Tigerside2_zps755143f1.jpg

Tigerside1_zpsf1906eef.jpg

Tigerside3_zpsb86d99db.jpg

tigerface_zps7bcc550d.jpg

Tigerabove_zps5909f4fc.jpg

Tigerbutt_zpsd09f69c4.jpg

I've previously grown up with a Dutch and Rex mixes, and myself had a Holland Lop and a Lionhead in the past. I'm very into breeds / markings when it comes to anything.. I even know the types of my Gerbils lol.

I'd say a rex mix even with his normal fur (or so it looks) His head shape and ears just lead me to say that. Could be mini rex mix if he was crossed with a larger rabbit.

Color is a broken chestnut agouti (In a rex rabbit castor is the same color. Castor is also a pretty common color that rex breeds come in)

Thanks! ^_^

Looking more into it - Broken Castor Rex rabbits really look very similar and reading about them, I'm happy to notice his markings are ~almost acceptably symmetrical and he has the color on the key parts for a 'broken' - ears, nose, & eyes. <3

Hmm, how would I really determine if his coat is Rex-like? I've got more experience with fluffier bunnies, and grew up with a couple rex mixes.. so Tiger's fur wouldn't stand out blatantly to me as different than a usual shorter coat since I dunno if I've ever known one... lol.

Rex have a crazy soft cottony coat. It's very hard to explain. Rex fur instead of laying flat stands straight up. It really does create a very soft cotton feel

If he had a rex coat too he would have rex whiskers as well (short and kinky) but I see normal bunny whiskers. Lovely looking guy :)

Okay, thanks. ^_^ I have had some rex rats before, so i know what you mean about the whiskers - but yeah those rex coats are different - coarse / curly than the rex found in rabbits. Well, I'd just say he's got a good amount of rex in him.. and who-knows-what else. ^_^
Rex mix it is. I'm also happy to pinpoint the color to broken agouti or castor.

Latest posts

Back