Requesting some thoughts and prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myLoki

Reaction score
History: My grandfather had a heart attack about ten years go. They got him to the hospital in time and the doctors realized that he had to have open heart surgery because too many of his arteries were clogged and it was starving his heart. They got him into surgery and discovered 5 major arteries had to be bypassed. He recovered splendidly from his quintuple bypass and was a new man.

Fast forward to a week ago...

He has a new cardiologist. He goes in for his 6 month check up and the doc wants him to get a full workup. Doc says nothing to worry its just a precautionary thing. His labs come back dangerously off.

Fast forward to today...

He goes in for an angiogram. He has two arteries in his neck that are almost completely blocked. Doc says its a miracle he hasn't had brain damage. He is days away from a life ending stroke.

Tomorrow he goes in for an angioplasty to clear his arteries and have a stent placed to keep them open.

Guys, he's my only grandpa. We haven't had the closest relationship because he is not an openly affectionate person and I always took it so personally that he "didn't love me". My other grandpa died when I was 3. He was always so openly affectionate that I just couldn't understand why my other grandpa wasn't. My grandma died 17 years ago of cancer and he's lived alone this entire time. This is my father's father and I don't know if my dad can handle his last parent dying.

He says he dreamed that his mother and his sister (both have passed) were with him last night. My mom is scared that he's given up, but I think that maybe they're just watching over him. I mean someone MUST be watching. DAYS before a stroke he gets tests run? I just have to believe that someone is taking care of him. I just need some words of encouragement. It's a trying time for my whole family and I haven't let myself break down yet.

t.

What a horribly stressful time.

I agree, someone is watching over him and hopefully they will keep watching over him until he fully recovers.

I'll be thinking of you all and hoping for the best.

Please keep us updated.

I will be thinking of you, I lost my grandpa who was my best friend when I was 12, I understand what your going through and I hope that he pulls through.

Thank you everyone. It's good to hear something other than silence. Everyone is really quiet here at home. No one wants to talk. I guess everyone is afraid to start crying.

t.

my grandpa and i arnt close either...hes very...distant. i dont know what id feel if he passed. confused and shocked i think.

i hope he pulls through, though. be strong for you and him. maybe this taste of flirting with death will make him realize how much he still has to live for in this world...maybe then you could try and get closer to him. find out who he is.

good wishes sent your way

:bunnyhug:it certainly sounds like fate is taking care of your grandpa and giving him a break. good thoughts and prayers to all of you at a most difficult time. im guessing that your grandpa is a senior gentleman, perhaps old school, who dont show much affection, born in a time when people just got on with life and didnt want to make a fuss. perhaps in 'his day' none of these life saving tests were available and he is dealing with things in his own way. just as you, of a generation that isnt fazed by all this tech, are also dealing with it.

:pray:to you all, you certainly sound one very brave family

This week just keeps getting better.

Both my Chihuahuas have throat infections. Bailey has a cyst on her belly. She's getting a spay next Friday.

To top it ALL OFF... I jammed/maybe broke my left thumb at our last volleyball game of the season. AND we lost. ugh...:cry1:

t.

myLoki wrote:
This week just keeps getting better.

Both my Chihuahuas have throat infections. Bailey has a cyst on her belly. She's getting a spay next Friday.

To top it ALL OFF... I jammed/maybe broke my left thumb at our last volleyball game of the season. AND we lost. ugh...:cry1:

t.
Ahh poor babies. Give them a kiss for me.

He came out of surgery doing really well. He's in ICU right now as a precaution but the doctor says it was a perfect surgery. No complications. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us. They cleaned out the artery that was 96% blocked. The other is 70% clogged but they're going to do a less invasive procedure for that one.

Thanks,

t.

Thanks everyone!!

Great news! He's being moved from ICU to a regular room. Doing great and in good spirits even through the pain.

t.:great:

Back