rehoming :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i only got my bunnies about 2 months ago but i feel like i shouldn’t have. I haven’t bonded with these buns the same as i did with my last bunny, and i feel like i only got them because i missed her. but now i keep comparing them to her, and getting annoyed when they behave differently. neither of them let me stroke them, i tried a bunch of different things to bond with them over the first month but they still do not let me stroke them, and one of them bites me. i feel like i’m being unfair to them because i don’t really want them anymore. i’d love to be able to find them a home where they’re properly cared for but i’m scared they’ll go to a bad home?
i’m not sure wether to try to make it work for them or to just find them a better home :(

Better to find them a new home that will love them and love their personalities. They also seem to need work on becoming a bit tame.

It’s supposed to be match between owner and bunnies. So both parties can be happy and enjoy each other company.

You can take your time when finding them a new home and can ask as much questions and have rules on how they are supposed to live. That way you can find better owners that will care of your bunnies.

Myself had once the feeling of giving up one of my bunnies and rehome him. But I chose to work with him instead. That was only because he was extremely aggressive towards people, the reasons for it, was that he was extremely scared. Finding a new home to a scared and aggressive bunny would be extremely hard. Now, I don’t regret keeping him. He’s one of the kindest and loving bunny I have among my bunnies, it only took a year to get him that cuddly and earn kisses from him.

Also all bunnies have different personalities and some need a lot more work to make them tame and let you cuddle with them. It takes time and a lot of work, some bunnies you won’t even have to work to build a bond with them.

So if you don’t feel up to task to build a bond and make them tame, you can rehome them and find a bunny that fit yourself better. Not all bunnies personalities will fit your own personality.

Myself have been lucky all my bunnies have no problem being a lazy pig with me, snuggled up and watching Netflix.

Back