rehoming animals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiron

Reaction score
If you or someone you know needs to rehome an animal, where do you go? Obviously RO is the first choice. You already know they'll love and take care of animals. Craigslist is a bit off putting because of the crazies out there. Pennysaver seems like a fast way but you have no idea really to find out about the person.

Where would you go?

Petfinder has a section for people to rehome your animals,i think? If it were me i would ask people i know, list my animal at local vet places.

This is of course a hypothetical answer to your question because i am not getting rid of my buns..........:duelso back away from my buns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :craziness lol

I think some vets will let you leave a note up that you need to rehome your animals and the Walmarts in our area have a bulletin board in the pets area for things like that too..

Peg

Petfinder, the vet, pet stores (like Petsmart or such, but that is depending how you feel about such), you can list in the newspaper, and some humane societies will have bulletin boards you can list on.

At my vet we have a bulletin board where people can place ads, plus we keep a database of clients who call in looking for animals (like if they just had one PTS or die, or they want to add to their family).

I'm just hoping this is a hypotheical thread......

You aren't getting homes for the bunnies or anything are you, Okiron????

She's thinking of rehoming me..

We have been working on my ad all night...

* Large carnivore.. occasional Starbucks fiend. Potty trained, dazzled by shiny things. Can speak in complete sentences, and does know how to drive a stick, has sweet birthin hips and can carry 50lb feed bags over shoulder with greatest of ease, needs new home, comes with 80 rabbits, fancy schmancy truck, fully accesorized and a Gerard Butler action figure, is capable of independent thought and free speech.*

Think I will get any inquiries?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I'm just hoping this is a hypotheical thread......

You aren't getting homes for the bunnies or anything are you, Okiron????
My rabbits are safe don't worry :)

GoinBackToCali wrote:
I think I just swallowed part of my retainer laughing at meself..
LMAO Zin. I would never rehome you! I can't make shizzle off your designs if I do :p

That's fo schnizzle my nizzle... fo rizzle...

I just wanted to put you on notice, that I noticed you, noticin me, noticin you, noticin me, puttin you on notice..

Lord! Zin nearly made me spit diet coke all over just now! LOL!

Sorry I didn't understand it was just a topic to discuss, okiron. I thought maybe you were going to try to rehome some of your human roomies tho! ;)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Lord! Zin nearly made me spit diet coke all over just now! LOL!

Sorry I didn't understand it was just a topic to discuss, okiron. I thought maybe you were going to try to rehome some of your human roomies tho! ;)
Now that is something I would love to do. Good idea Bo :p

okiron wrote:
Where would you go?
When I rehomed my dog, I put an ad in a weekly magazine put out in our area and sold just about everywhere, so I knew I'd get a lot of inquiries.

When finding homes for Scully's kittens, I kept it a little more local and posted flyers at work and church, targetting mostly people we knew.

In both cases, of course, I charged an adoption fee and had people sign a contract, to weed out the crazies :craziness

When I've had foster animals (usually strays, or a domestic animal someone dumped on our wildlife hospital), I put the word out at vet offices I am friendly with.
Sometimes, as said before, someone may have just lost their orange cat, and you have an orange cat...a lot of people feel it is kismet when things like that happen.

That's where I've had the most luck. I also help a couple of vet offices I am friendly with when they get stuck with things, like a gerbil, a couple of cats I knew people would want, or wildlife...when you help them out of a bind, they will be more willing to help you.
Plus, when I get donations of food to my hospital that we can't use, I bring them to vet hospitals for the ferals they spay/neuter. The vet is always grateful.

We've had strays and such show up and we contact our vet's offices first, and the office of our 4-H clubs, and then we talk to friends and "put the word out" that we have an animal needing a home.

Infact, my mom has some stray girl kittens living under her shed. They have been getting under the cars and nearly tripping her and dad winding around in their legs at every chance. Mom and Dad are feeding them and keeping them there until we can get them a home - I have the word out to all our horsie friends - they'd be great barn cats cause they are a tad wild and really furry. If I had a place they would be mine! I love them.

Latest posts

Back