REHOME: Bloomfield, NJ

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandalias16

Reaction score
I have two male lionheads for adoption, namedJelly and Shoe. They are both lovely bunnies and I have hadthem since they were babies. Shoe is 2 years old, with asilky black coat and more like a half-lionhead, he has a bit of a maneand a tuft of hair between his ears that gives him a mohawklook. He's the fiestier of the two, always doing happy flipsin the air and grunting if I don't give him his treats fast enough.

Jelly is a lop-eared half-lionhead, and has a beautiful cream and brownspotted coat. He is the sweetest bunny and his extremely calmdemeanor balances out his buddy Shoe. They make the greatestpair. They are both neutured and litter box trained and loveto roam around the house. Shoe needs to have his teethclipped about once a month, because the poor dear's teeth do not lineup properly.

It kills me to have to find them another home, they have been mycompanions for so long. I am only looking to rehome thembecause I have developed allergies to their fur, which I probablyalways have had, but my allergies have become much worse in the pastyear to the point where I can't properly handle them. Fromreading the posts on this site, I feel that everyone here loves theirbunnies as much as I love mine and it makes me more comfortable findingthem a home on this site. I am currently located inBloomfield, NJ, and I am willing to drive a good distance if needed tofind them a home. I would also be willing to allow someone totake them for a trial-basis, meaning if someone wants to have them fora week to really get to know their personalities, that would begreat.

I've attached a picture of Jelly, but I can't figure out how to post one of Shoe as well.

Thank you!

Erica

HiErica and welcome to RO!

Im sorry to hear you are having trouble with your allergies and the bunnies. They sound like an adorable pair!

Just out of curiosity, have you tried switching to hay cubes to see ifmaybe it is the hay you are allergic to and not the bunnies? We've hada lot of members who thought they were allergic to the bunnies only tofind out that it was the hay. Just a thought.

Or is there a room in the house you could keep them in and just visit with them a little bit each day?

I ask these questions only because I know how difficult it is to rehomebunnies. There are so many in terrible situations who need homes. Andit sounds like you really love your pair.

Again, welcome. We'll do whatever we can to help ;)

-Haley

PS. your pic isnt showing up :(

:yeahthat

Although I can see the pic just fine, and he's adorable! How old is Jelly? You didn't say.

They sound like such a wonderful pair. I hope that if youcan't find something to help you manage your allergies better thatyou'll find a great home for them.

Jelly is a year and a half old.

When I first got my bunnies, I felt like I had a cold that wouldn't goaway. I didn't even realize I could be allergic to them,because I don't have any allergies to any other animals, or evenanything at all really. I talked with a friend of mine whohas a rabbit, and she recommended trying the hay cubesinstead. I tried that for a couple of months and it did nothelp, so I eventually went to an allergist because I was starting tobreak out as well.I had the arm prick test done asfar as the rabbits are concerned and have tried Allegra and an airpurifier to help, but it's more touching them that does it tome.They do have a separate room in my house, and Iwear gloves if I take them out, but it's been hard for me to deal withskin blotches and congestion.And I would also love for themto be in a place where someone can pet them and give them the attentionthey deserve.

I am in no rush to rehome them, as I do know that there aretons of rabbits out there that need homes, but I just figured I wouldpost this, because this site is the best place to find someone whoknows and cares about bunnies.

Here's one of Shoe too! His eyes are red from the camera, they're a deep brown.

Oh I can see both pics now! They are adorable.

Good for you for sticking with them so long even though its causing you so much trouble.

Hopefully we can find someone in the area to adopt them. And its great that they can stay with you until we do.

Have you tried petfinder.com's classified section? You can post therefor free. Another good idea is to try posting something at your localvets if they have a bulletin board.

If you look at the top of our rescue section theres some advice forrehoming your pets, including questions to ask potential adopters.

Good luck and hopefully we can find someone in your area!

-Haley

What gorgeous rabbits! :bunnydance:

I really feel for you, I am also allergic to my rabbits. I get hayfeversymptoms as well as itchy skin and a rash every now and then. Mypartner is also allergic but not as bad as I am, so our once indoorrabbits have now been moved outdoors which has helped.

I wish you best of luck in finding your boys the perfect home :).

I'm tying my hands behind my back. I can NOT rescue all the lionheads in the world...even though I want to....

However, lionheads are great rabbits...I hope you find a great home for them...

We'll do what we can to help.

Peg

Latest posts

Back