Regarding Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phillip wants some more screen time!

june25008.jpg

june25009.jpg

binkies wrote:
Oh wow! I'm in LOOOOOVE! Off to go plan my trip to Arkansas to bunnynap now!

Come on out to Arkansas. I have a bunny for you! But it's NOT my Tumble bunny.
:D

Here's Scone MacBunny. He's a large opal mini-Rex, or maybe a small opal Rex, who knows?

Scone in his favorite perch, a canvas director's chair.
scone1510.jpg

On the couch, reading a magazine:
scone1007.jpg

Craisin!
scone3111.jpg

Castor and opal can be pretty close - as I understand it, the main difference is the color of the outermost band on the hair. Castor's brown, opal's grey. Scone can look greyish or brownish, depending on the light, and his fur kind of shades between grey and tan over his body, too.

You guys are making me fall in love with rex's! :inlove:

They're all such beautiful buns!

I am going to be so dangerous when I have my own house....:thud:

MikeScone wrote:
ChompersMom wrote:
You guys are making me fall in love with rex's! They're all such beautiful buns!
Rexes are all personality, wrapped in the softest fur imaginable.

Yep, that's right!

Bo's outter most hair can actually turn nearly black on the back. It gets a dark brown to pumpkin color behind his ears. He changes with the weather! LOL!

Yes, tho, they are so close in color.

He's definitely a mini-rex - got him from an ARBA judge/breeder.I love him to pieces!

My foster bun I had that I named Queen Velveteen was either a large mini-rex or a small rex. She was a beautiful broken opal color...

Rexes were my first breed and will always hold a special place in my heart. I couldn't believe the color and texture of the first opal rex I saw. It was silver! Lol. I definitely agree with them having lots of personality. My other buns are mellow compared to my rexes. Lol.

034-2.jpg

035-2.jpg

And of course, there is my most special girl Wiggles.Wiggles is a broken castor mini-rex. I have adored her from the moment I saw her. This poor girl has been on the brink of death too many times for my comfort but we pull through together, time and time again.

Wiggles could make anyone fall in love with rabbits. I sure am glad vets like her as much as i do, because it always help them work harder to save her. To think she was once abused and neglected when she was only 2 months old... :soapbox

We have been through tons together. I could never leave her. There's no bunny that could ever replace my baby girl.

Just look at her eyes and tell me you wouldn't do everything humanly possible to make her happy...:inlove:

wigst-shirt002.jpg

HPIM0311.jpg

wiggles201.jpg

Latest posts

Back