red sores on butt?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyandluna

Reaction score
i was cleaning out the litter box when i noticed some gooey, soft stool that looked like there was some blood in it, but it couldve been my light, Im
Not sure (pic attached). I went to check my male rabbits bottom just to see if there was anything going on with it and I noticed some big, red sores on it? I hadnt ever noticed them before and they didnt look so good. I keep trying to get a picture, but he wont let me. Im supposed to be taking them to the vet tomorrow, so hopefully everything is okay, just wanted to know if anyone has ever experienced this before. He's eating and hopping around, gladly taking his pellets and lettuce as well. Though with the hay, hes not eating as much of it as he usually does. Hes really picky with it so i just figured it was just not his favorite this timeView attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1496960106.064260.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1496960123.385893.jpg? Yesterday i did introduce some rosemary. I saw you can give it to them and i gave him a little bit. Im not sure if that has anything to do with it though, the sores looked like they have been there a bit. Ive noticed that hes been chewing/licking and messing with his bottom a lot, maybe its just irritated? Ugh, Idk. Im really worried about him.

The vet should be able to give you some answers. If you can, before you take him in, grab a fresh (as possible) stool sample, just in case they need it and he does not provide on the way there. Good luck!

The vet should be able to give you some answers. If you can, before you take him in, grab a fresh (as possible) stool sample, just in case they need it and he does not provide on the way there. Good luck!

Just got back, and I feel so stupid lol, it was his scrotum and not sores. All seems to be well with them, she said. She gave me some critical care to be safe!

that poop though...that's a sign of impending digestive issues. That liquidy mucous stuff is from the bowel trying to protect itself from injury.

Latest posts

Back