Red Peppers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundrakatiebean

Reaction score
Made myself a salad and thought I would share it with my bunny, but it has red bell peppers in it and I can't for the life of me find ANYWHERE whether rabbits can or can't eat red bell peppers. Anyone know?

Oh, I LOVE watching my bunny eat tomatoes! She smacks her lips and eats really loud. I will giggle like an idiot when she does.

~Star~

My firta bun, Sahara, was like that with banana - smacking loud , sitting upright & looking ecstatic!

Raph likes red peppers too...though when I first offered one to him he turned his nose up at it. He's finicky with anything new (unless it's sweet, like a craisin) - turns away and I swear, it's likehe holds his lips together with a 'mmmmnnnmmmm' sound (you're not getting me to eat that!!). Yet once he gives in and gets the tiniest taste, then he dives in. Bananas are the most fun to feed to him... he will cram as much as he can into one mouthful (ploughs right into the banana itself as far as possible) and then eats it with these hilarious lip-smacking sounds coming out of him. Anna, on the other hand, is quite dainty... she will nibble at the end of the banana and take teeny little pieces, one at a time. (If she had a napkin she'd probably wipe her face afterward too ;).) Raph is embarrassing when he eats... "more! more! more!" said through mouthfuls of whatever is already shoved into his face.

I haven't tried him with tomato yet...that should be fun...

Bassetluv wrote:
I haven't tried him with tomato yet...that should be fun...

Oh tomatoes are fun because of the lip smacking. Charlie gets his lips all wet and then smacks them like it's the yummiest thing he's ever eaten.

I feed mine red peppers whenever we have leftovers and it's a favorite.

________
Nadia

Starina wrote:
Oh, I LOVE watching my bunny eat tomatoes! She smacks herlips and eats really loud. I will giggle like an idiot when she does.

~Star~
I used to give my belated BunBun tomatoes and it was so funny listening to him eat them!

Red peppers are fine to give too!:D

hehehe. My rabbit LOVES bell peppers. I buy them when they're on sale and make a nice crunchy salad for her. :)

Back