red dandelion greens ok for bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envyme

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to Whole Foods last night and accidentaly purchased red dandelion greens instead of the regular (green) dandelion greens. Is it ok to feed my Bun red dandelion greens? They look the same just one has red steams BUT looks can be deciving.

Thanks for your advice.

XOXO

I also purchase dandelion greens for my bunnies at Whole Foods. When I started doing that, my store had the red ones. After about a year, they switched to only having the green ones. As long as the tag still says "dandelion greens" on it somewhere, they should be ok.

I believe I read once that the red ones, at least, are actually a variety of chicory? Which are also on the safe list, I think.

Someone else might weigh in on this, but I think they are fine. My bunnies ate them for quite some time before switching to the green ones.

I've given both. I don't know if they're a different species, but since the shape of the leaf is nearly identical, I bet they're the same species, or a close close relative. Whatever they are, they're safe.

Latest posts

Back