Red and runny eyes, sneezing and runny nose??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rochy

Reaction score
Red and runny eyes - his eyes seem to be a bit red and one eye seems to be slightly runny, i am not sure.

Sneezing- he started sneezing but it seems to be when he is sniffing around the house or if he is in his cage he has those moments when he has 4 sneezes in a row. Then he reacts as if something is bothering his nose.

Runny nose- it just seems wet, there isn't white or any colored discharge. It is clear but it is concerning because when he rests his head on the floor for me to rub it, either his mouth or his runny nose leaves a wet spot on the floor.

Besides these things, he is active, mischievous, and eating and drinking etc like normal. So i am a bit confused as to what it could be.....if its just an allergic reaction to something?

Thank you for ur opinions and advice in advance! View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1446682866.952874.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1446682898.982409.jpg

Sounds like a possible upper respiratory infection. Do you use pine or cedar bedding? Those beddings can cause upper respiratory infections.

What is an alternative bedding to use?

I use the pine bedding. But he also sneezes when he is out of the cage, but not near as much as when he is it.

If he has the infection, it probably won't just go away once he's away from the bedding. It's gonna take time to either work through his system or you can take him to the vet for antibiotics. There are tons of alternative beddings you can use so there are lots of options! Recycled paper does well. Yesterday's news is pretty great for actual liter boxs. The brand Kaytee is one of my personal favorites. They have sented beddings that are pretty nice too. Carefresh is another awesome brand you could look into.

Latest posts

Back