Recommendations for Hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadeRabbit

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a hay brand or type to me? I am looking for Hay Cubes/Cakes and loose hay with little to not dust. I am currently using Kaytee Timothy Hay Cubes, but I want something I can get in bulk.

I thought of Horse Timothy Hay cube. But it has something called Natural Bentonite in it. Not sure if it is safe for bunnies.

Also, I thought of the Oxbow Hay Cakes, how good are those?

No experience with this, sorry. I buy bulk hay cubes at the feed store, I think they're for horses, they seem clean and hte bunnies love them.

PS:: I'd check around for quality ones made locally, stands to reason they'd be fresher and less dusty than ones shipped in a bag.

sas :bunnydance:

Yep, I'd check locally as well.

For hay, I also recomend orchard grass hay. I've found it to be not dusty really at all. I haven't done too much with the cubes, so I cna't help to much with that

I got some Orchard Grass. After I put some in their, his eyes just seem to pop and glow happily. But he made put it in his vegetable bowl. He is happily eating it. Even though it is a Kaytee brand, it isn't that dust. All the dust is in the bottom. I may try to get a big bale online.

Latest posts

Back