Recommend a book?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Summer is almost here for me and I will finally be able to start reading books for fun again. Are there any series or particular books/authors you recommend? I'm open to anything and everything :D

:) have just read The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. thoroughly enjoyed it - a well written ghost story set in an english village after the war when attitudes and society were changing. are they haunted or are they suffering from delusions and mental illness?.

before that i tried The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold. just couldnt get into that one:shock: which was a shame as it seems to be popular. just didnt grip me! a great idea wasted:grumpy

Twilight :p

I read Circle Of Friends by Maeve Binchy for school lately and it was quite good as well. What kind of books are you into?

Depends on what you are into, I don't get to read that often with three kids to take care of but I do like to read any books that have been made into movies before I watch the movie.

The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
Faceless or Ladykiller by Martina Cole
Remember Me, Charlie, or Rosie by Leslie Pierce
Any of the Twilight series

:)

Jen

Im into all kinds of books. I love Kay Hooper..she writes crazy mystery books where her characters have special powers and stuff.

I already did Twilight. Loved it! But now I'm trying to find new stuff to read.

Im currently reading Heat Wave by Richard Castle. (The one from ABC's Castle :p) I like it a lot.

I second the Other Boleyn Girl!
Just read it the other day.
I just wanted a chapter or two to send me to sleep.
That was at 11 PM.

At 5:30 AM, I was still reading. Work at 7 AM!

It really drew me in.. just fascinating!

I also love anything by Amy Tan... The bonesetters Daughter, and the Joy Luck Club were fab.

If you can get your hands on the "Outlander" Series by Diana Gabaldon, you will have at least 6 awesome book sto keep you going. Very funny adventerous, romantic, a bit of mystery and magic... the perfect mix!

Martha Grimes' Richard Jury mysteries are also a perennial favourite of mine :)

^^^ Oh yes!!! Awesome story!

I've also just finished some L.M. Montgomery novels (Anne of Green Gables author). Very romantic and clever; made me yearn for the 1910s ;)

(I'm finally done school... REAL books now, not textbooks! Isn't it great?)

Loved Life of Pi.

Enders Game is an awesome book-it's Sci Fi but I loved it and I generally don't like Sci Fi. I also loved Lovely Bones and her other book, Lucky. If you want to laugh, Confessions of a Shopaholic and Bridget Jones Diary are great.

A Third vote for Life of Pi

Also, the Cellist of Sarajevo

Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook was a beautiful book.
Memoirs of a Geisha
Have you read His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman (Golden Compass, Subtle Knife...)?
It provides a very interesting counterpoint to C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia.

(Loving this thread! (You can't tell :p ) So many good book suggestions!)

Here's one of our thread on books for even more suggestions :D
Book Recommendations (March)

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Have you read His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman (Golden Compass, Subtle Knife...)?
It provides a very interesting counterpoint to C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia

second this!!

couldnt get into 'the lovely bones' tho:(
am also loving this thread:biggrin2:

The millenium series by Steig larsson, the girl with the dragon tattoo etc - all very good read them over my summer. Paper Towns byJohn Green,haven't read it yet but everyone I speak to about it loves it. .Jodi Picoult, anything by her books are very easy to read nice summer ones. Cannot recommend highly enough Mister Pip by Llyod Jones, shortlisted for the man booker prize and of course he's a Kiwi :) Found it a really good read. Read all of these numerous times over the summer, nothing better than reading a good book in the sun with a cold drink and hearing the waves crashing :)

tweakedoutbunnie wrote:
Im into all kinds of books. I love Kay Hooper..she writes crazy mystery books where her characters have special powers and stuff.

I already did Twilight. Loved it! But now I'm trying to find new stuff to read.

Im currently reading Heat Wave by Richard Castle. (The one from ABC's Castle :p) I like it a lot.
Is it as good as the show?

I LOVE Castle - I forgot they had the book out.

PepnFluff wrote:
The millenium series by Steig larsson, the girl with the dragon tattoo etc - all very good read them over my summer. Paper Towns byJohn Green,haven't read it yet but everyone I speak to about it loves it. .Jodi Picoult, anything by her books are very easy to read nice summer ones. Cannot recommend highly enough Mister Pip by Llyod Jones, shortlisted for the man booker prize and of course he's a Kiwi :) Found it a really good read. Read all of these numerous times over the summer, nothing better than reading a good book in the sun with a cold drink and hearing the waves crashing :)
I definitely second that. The last one isn't available in the US yet, but will be May 25th (I preordered it for my Kindle several months ago :p)

I also second Life of Pi

I think I will read the Other Boleyn Girl when I have time during the easter holidays. Sounds good!

Latest posts

Back