Reason for Concern?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eurydice2003

Reaction score
Gonna put a content warning here and let y’all know my pic contains a bit of poo and pee.

I have a 3 year old bun that’s unspayed due to health issues. We have a new vet and are looking into doing the procedure, she just needs to get into contact w the old vet which has been hard.

my bun sleeps in my bed w me and knows when she has to go potty. She jumps down when she does. This morning I woke up to what’s in the bed. I found a cecotrope nearby but she usually doesn’t do them until around 1:30, not the mornings. Her diet has been pretty normal so I was wondering if this is a reason for concern? Or if it’s just a bit ofa watery ceco. She was laying a lot yesterday but we took her to the vet recently and the vet said she looks healthy, but couldn’t do bloodwork again that moment so we don’t really know what’s goin on in the inside

Attachments

• D0E5C88F-A748-405C-914B-B44176EFCDFE.jpeg
    D0E5C88F-A748-405C-914B-B44176EFCDFE.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 8
Has she had any new foods recently, picked up any crumbs off the floor, or had any veggies that could have possibly been spoiled?

Has she had any new foods recently, picked up any crumbs off the floor, or had any veggies that could have possibly been spoiled?
She had quite a few carrots yesterday, perhaps they were old? They seemed okay but I could be wrong. She is allowed to wander the house on her own so it is likely she could have found crumbs on the ground, she also has quite a habit of stealing pretzels if anyone is eating them near her so that could be it as well.

It sounds like it was food related then. Too many carbs, like from carrots or pretzels, can disrupt the microflora in the gut, sometimes resulting in very serious digestive illness. So I would recommend being very careful with that and limiting the carbs in your rabbits diet.

Latest posts

Back