Really upset!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrabbits

Reaction score
As some of you may know Pheobe is one of myenglish lops who recently decided to chew on her ears. I got herthrough it and she was doing better. Today I checked on her and decidedthat she was healed up enough and hasnt touched her ears in a while soI decided that I didnt have to spray them down with bitter apple sinceI wanted to give her a chance to clean them up herself to keep themclean. Well that was a huge mastake! Tonight my dad was out and camerunning in and told me that I had a rabbit that was having a problem. Iran out to see and it was pheobe! She had started chewing again andchewed on both ears. After trying to help her I decided that there isnothing I can do and I talked to a few proffesionals around and theysuggested that at this point there is nothing we can do to get her tostop since there is no more options and her injuries are to the pointwhere if she got hot or stressed at all she would not make it. So Ihave decided to put her down tomorrow morning. I know I have triedeverything but it is still really really hard. She is one that was bornhere and I have her mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, and then on her dadsside all the way up to her great great grandma so I realy feel like Ihave so much in her like I completely know her. And then on top of thatshe is one that I was so excited for as far as the breed goes becauseshe has one Reserve in show a number of times that says alot forenglish lops esspacaily when there is alot of satins who usauly win. Ifelt like I was finally getting somewhere and I loved her personalitysoo much but now I feel like I never really got any where and howhorrible that this is something that is in the line. Her grandmother onher moms side did the same thing, but not continuesly like this and wethought it was because her ears got cold. I am just so upset tonight.

I am very very sorry.:(

If you feel in your heart this is what is best then you have to do whatyou have to do. It's never easy making such decisions. If you wouldlike to talk i'll be around for a bit.

I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit.

To me the death of a rabbit I've been nuturing back to health is harderover a sudden death. :?Theres the whole.. they get betterbefore they go downhill again then to death. You think everything willbe okay and then your heart falls into a million pieces when the rabbitdoesn't make it. I lost my best DH herd buck on Christmas day. I criedover his death for weeks afterwords! As a matter of fact I STILL getbrust into tears whenI see pictures of him. He was one that Ispent 5 days trying to break up a fur blockage to then loose him todehyration. Very disappointing becauseI was so happy to seehim poop then had to deal with getting him back 'up'.

I feel for ya :?

Have you spoken to the vet that normally deals with your rabbits about what you should do?

I don't know what you have tried so don't know what tosuggest. If you go through with it I wish you all the best,sounds horrible *big hugs* good luck xx

Oh showrabbits I'm so sorry, I know how much youloved Phoebe and how you were trying so hard for her. I'm sending you ahuge hug.

With love

Kate

I missed this post, showrabbits, and am just catching it now.

Good Lord, Dear Heart, I'm so sorry. I wish I had the wordsto console you, but when you go through something like that, there'slittle anyone can say or do to bring you comfort.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

-Carolyn

Pheobe is now at peace. When we got her to thevet the vet said it was the right decision when he saw her. He alsosaid that not only would she continue it was so bad now that sheprobably would not make the vetsaid that she just went tosleep and then smoothly passed on. That made me kind of feel better!

I'm just catching this.

I'm so sorry about Phobe. It's very hard to make a decision like that, but I think it was the right thing to do for her.

In time you'll feel better about it and know that she's happy now.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jim

Back