Re-breeding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbaland

Reaction score
I bred a solid New Zealand to a broken doe 13 days ago and today I palpitated her three times and I am not feeling kits. Whats got me is that shes behaving in a middle ground. She doesn't seem interested in but half circles the buck and tail swishes. When the buck tries to mount her she grunts loudly, sometimes hopping or sometimes halfway lifting her rear. I'm keeping them separate and he hasn't mounted her during the testing period.

Should I give her a few more days and then palpitate? Both the buck and doe are "firsts" so they may not be reliable behavior wise.

Alright well then I give her four days and well see what happens. Hopefully she'll either be in the mood or already carrying. The buck is still young and uh...very inaccurate. I tried to help a few times too. Hehe.

usually does are very fiesty after being bred. If she doesnt want him then you dont want to force it. Just wait and see if you can palpate at a later date when the buns would be bigger

I've been palpitating everyday once in the morning and at night. I still don't feel any kits.

From my experiences New Zealands are like clock work, even the new breeders. I'm going to leave it as is and have the male grow some before trying again.

UGH! She started pulling fur today. I still feel nothing. I'm almost positive she's having a false pregnancy. Fantastic! :C

Latest posts

Back