Rats and Rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalaleyla

Reaction score
So I have two rats. I've tried introducing each to my bunny but one of my rats is really violent and pulled out some of my rabbits fluff. The other rat is like best friends with her. They follow each other everywhere.

Do you think I should continue to let my (friendly)rat play with my bunny or no...?

The only issue I see is the same with guinea pigs; if the rabbit decides to thump and the rat is in the wrong place he/she could get really hurt. As long as you are watching them they should be fine though. I would just err on the side of caution.

With small animals the general rule is no interaction. while rats can be lovinh with their humans, each other, and very trusted and well supervised dogs or cats, I'd be worried about rats and bunnies. They don't have the same social code or order and I'd be worried for safety on both sides as both species cab bite to and through bone.

There wouldnt really be any benefit to them interacting besides cute pictures, anyway, so the risks greatly outweigh the reward.

Rabbits and rats should be supervised at all times because of potential problems. Same with cats and rabbits, as well as dogs and rabbits.

I would keep the rat that is violent away from your rabbit. The one that is friendly to your rabbit, allow them supervised play together. That way if anything does begin to happen, you are there to stop it.

I always supervise my cats when they are around the rabbits.

I really don't think that rabbits and rats can bite through bone. Bone is too hard for any animal to bite through, they would have to chew it. Even then I think that rabbits and rats would have a hard time getting through it.

Latest posts

Back