Rascals story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyshizzle

Reaction score
I adopted Rascal on March 7th 2012. He is a sweet bunny. One of the women from the rescue just sent me his story and some pictures. I am going to copy and paste what she said:

"I just wanted to say “thank you” again for making Rascal a part of your family. He looks so happy and loved. It’s “bunderful”!

I don’t know if Nancy share his story, but thought I’d attach some photos and a little history.

Rascal was dumped in our local shelter’s Night Drop with his mom, dad, sister, and brother. They had clearly been terribly neglected. Mom (Abby) was ragged, thin, dehydrated. Like so many mama bunnies in this situation, she was feeding her babies but not getting enough nutrition to sustain herself.

The shelter usually takes in unwanted dogs in the night drop, and leaves bowls of dog food in the cages for that reason. Rascal’s family was so hungry that they were all eating the dog food! I immediately got them bunny pellets to eat. The small bunny next to the food bowl (think that is Rascal) wolfed down the bunny pellets…

As soon as I got to the shelter (they called to let me know the bunnies were there and looking pretty rough), the vet tech and I gave Mom (Abby) subcutaneous fluids. We also got the babies sexed, separated, and put in comfy cages with soft blankets, boxes to hide in, and nutritious food.

The minute we had room at our Bungalow, we took them all in. Abby and Guinness (mom and Dad) were adopted last November by an older couple in San Diego who was looking for a bunny that would get along with their service dog, Barry.

I had no idea which bunny would be a good fit for a German Shepherd, but when they walked in with Barry, it was like “love at first sight” between Barry and Rascal’s parents. They were FASCINATED by him, not afraid, and very sweet.

Rascal’s sister, Marilyn Bunroe, is in foster care, and brother Benji is at PETCO. Marilyn will probably be adopted by her foster mom and we’re keeping our paws crossed for Benji (may be adopted this weekend).

So, thanks again for saving a life. If LBRR was not helping bunnies in our community, and didn’t have volunteers like Nancy, and adopters like you, bunnies would not stand a chance.

Finally, if you are ever in a position to foster a rabbit (even for a short time), please let me or Nancy know. We provide supplies and any necessary medical care. Our foster homes are a critical part of our rescue work, because they help us save more lives like Rascal’s.

Thanks!"

RascalFamily_August2011.jpg

Latest posts

Back